Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

thank you CherMoz,
this makes my life a lot easier.. LOL
I will have to be more careful when I am deleting old emails..
two days ago I got stung on the back of my hand, then yesterday I got bit by a horsefly on almost the same spot. today my hand itches like crazy..
the bees are really in a nasty mood lately.
IDK where the nest is.
.....jiminwisc........

I didn't put anything on the stings. it was not painful, just a mild irritating itch. I could ignore it if I was busy.
got up early and were back home by 7:3o.
by 8 we were all done eating our first fresh strawberry short cake of the season. it doesn't get much fresher than that..
today I hope to get that big log moved and the brush around it all cut away..
nice and cool for doing that this morning.
uniform of the day: cutoffs and a jacket..
later on, ditch the jacket.
.....jiminwisc.....

I gave my chickens some watermelon today!
IMG_20180623_141543.jpg

Still waiting for eggs. Belle squats anytime I go near her. They are only 18 weeks but I keep seeing these signs and behaviors that they are getting ready to lay and it's making me impatient! Haha

Yep, the more time you spend with birds, the more they know you...the squatting is a mating thing they do.... my hatch has begun with 12 newbies so far....I'll give them another 24 hours for sure.....some of the 8 left show some good sign, but the strongest ones are out and about....

bigz

I didn't get as much planted in the garden as I would have liked. The fatigue is getting me down. I think I will plant some beet seeds tomorrow, and some more peas and beans. Peas are starting to grow, but not very many sprouts yet. I love peas, so I will plant some more. Corn hasn't germinated yet, I think I will start some seeds inside and then transplant to the garden later.

good morning,
yesterday I started off by getting stung two more times while getting onto the tractor.
I looked and found the nest under the dash no wasp spray left, so I gave them a dose of ant killer. either they will die, or be really angry this morning.. LOL
I got the tree moved. and all the branches, too.. mowed that area. gradually things are looking better.
I have a wire lying on the ground for the electric dog fence. we are not using it and it is a real nuisance to mow around.
I think I will take it up.
for mowing I have it draped over shrubs and trees. .not so handy to mow under, either.
......jiminwisc.....

Back
Top Bottom