Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Getting pretty chilly around here at night. I work 2 full time jobs now. I work Walmart 7 am - 3 pm and McDonalds 11 pm- 6 am. After working the Halloween rush at McDonald's I had a discussion with Big Mike, The regional manager. He knows I am blunt and honest. He was surprised that I had no problem working with Baxter (also named Mike). I told him he did complain (not the work I actually used) alot but it was justified. Big Mike was surprised about that response. I found out that both Mikes would now be working on third shift. I butted heads with the manager I said wasn't worth much and told a new employees (transfer from another store) to take his headphones off. I ended up leaving less than an hour later and sent a very long text message to the Regional Manager. I guess we shall see what happens.

Still need to move the chickens but have not had time to do so. It was so windy yesterday when I went to feed them that the plastic that covered the young ones was almost shredded, so I picked up a heavy duty tarp and will put that up tomorrow during my lunch. Still have not come up with an idea to build for them. I don't think the igloo will be big enough for 5 and not sure I am ready to put my Rhode in with them, even though she has been around their pen and even made a "dirt bath" by the pen.

today is election day, vote early and often.
I am waiting for it to warm up. I want to set the
carburetor on Ollie. It is ok as is, but I need to raise the rpm..and set the high idle.
if the ground is not frozen, will have Dan rototill up a 4'x4' area for the garlic. If the ground is frozen, then we will just make a mound of dirt and top it off with compost.
Dan wants to cut up the trees that blew down last week. Have to put fresh gas in the chainsaw.
........jiminwaUSAu........

We managed to get the worst of the leaves off the front lawn. Anything that we missed, the wind blew away. DH got a backpack leaf blower and was having a fun using it. Much more powerful than the old one we have. It lifted the wet, moldy leaves that were piled against the building foundation for 3 years, lol.

while your leaves are blowing away, somebody's are blowing your way. the only person who comes out ahead is the guy at the beginning of where the wind starts.
at dusk today, I will be getting back into chickens..
an associate of mine is giving me 4 roosters and 4 old hens.. I told him he should butcher them. He can't do it..and the processor near him is closed down.
I told him that if I take them, I will butcher all of them immediately. He was OK with that
I am going to spend a lot of time outside today. enjoying the warm temps.
........jiminwaUSAu........

Nice day for butchering at least.

No leaves blowing to us from the farm fields, a couple stray corn leaves I will admit to. Our neighbor planted a row of Arborvitaes along the road, so he gets to keep all his leaves, lol. Even though most of them died, they still did a good job holding his leaves back.

All I have to say is this: I hope that something good comes from this election sh!t show...... we need a better method for voting and counting said votes.

Meaties are almost ready to go. Butcher date is next weekend. Some of them are huge, others ...... not so much. One more week to put the weight on.

Egg layers are on strike. I am lucky to get one egg a day with 18 hens.

Loving this weather...... wish it would stick around for a while. Was able to wear shorts today.

Back
Top Bottom