Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Serendipity is a good sweet corn. It is a SH2/SE synergistic corn like Honey Select. I have grown Serendipity, Honey Select is a sweet corn I have grown mostly over the years

I sell some corn in town across from grocery store on roadside, have deal worked out with business owner.
Then we have have customers who have bought from us over the years.
A hobby pays for general upkeep equipment, investments over the years and helps with property taxes.
Then we freeze corn for winter and eat sweet corn for a month. WIll have no pigs this year. I do grind stalks for supplemental feed for pigs. Chickens get sweet corn treats.

Last edited:
Nice weather today for sure...hope it keeps up.
Not sure yet if indeed there will be a bash, while some are comfortable with the covid situation, others are not and that is a concern with me being the host. I'm sure a decision will be made within the next 4 weeks.....safety for all is more important than anything. We have been careful all along and that will continue to be the decider for a gathering.

Sent in my seed order to sand hill preservation again like always...I still have to move the composted manure to the gardens and clean my coops. It will be nice when the ground is a little drier and I can geterdone.

Stay Safe ...bigz

Finally got the barn quilt up. Had to do a little bit of repainting of the red before I could attach it to the wall. Hubs was a great helper and handed me my tools. 😊

Attachments

• 407FC116-8CB8-4AA9-A69D-76D718C8F3CE.jpeg
    407FC116-8CB8-4AA9-A69D-76D718C8F3CE.jpeg
    790.4 KB · Views: 0
Bl4, hang on to him, good help is hard to find..
I got Ollie running again, the culprit was a loose wire on the coil. I fixed it temporarily until I can find a longer nut for it.
anyhow, I finished back blading the driveway and put Ollie back into his stall.
brother and his wife came for a visit today. was really nice to sit outside on lawn chairs and let the sun warm us.
We all have our shots..
If this warm weather keeps up, the rhubarb and garlic might be popping up sooner than later.
......jiminwaUSAu......

Sad day here; my little Buster rooster up and died. He was in the middle of the yard crowing away like usual and he just keeled over. I think it must have been a heart attack, his wattles and comb were pretty purple and he did not have a mark on him. He was also laying on his back. That one was the hubs favorite, as he was friendly. He would sit on the picnic table with the hubs, looking for treats.

It will be strange to have only one rooster crowing.....

Sad day here; my little Buster rooster up and died. He was in the middle of the yard crowing away like usual and he just keeled over. I think it must have been a heart attack, his wattles and comb were pretty purple and he did not have a mark on him. He was also laying on his back. That one was the hubs favorite, as he was friendly. He would sit on the picnic table with the hubs, looking for treats.

It will be strange to have only one rooster crowing.....
I am so sorry.

My rhubarb is starting to show the very tip of the sprouts. I was thinking of moving it to a better location, but it is directly on top of the electric main going to the garage. Hopefully the second plant near the house survived my dog trampling the soil around it and I can move that one to the garden area.

It's been a couple of days since I am on the computer. almost forgot how to type.
sorry about the rooster.
I got Ollie all fixed up. I bought some fancy shiny brass thumb nuts for the coil studs.
wet and cold today. had snow on the car this morning.
I don't know what I am going to do today. maybe nothing ?
.....jiminwaUSAu......

Back
Top Bottom