Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Chilly damp FFF to all. Hope everyone is staying somewhat dry in this chilly Spring weather we are having. Some folks on here are within an hour of Appleton for sure Brooks.
Hens are laying better with the longer daylight hours. A dozen a day and more is the common number for now but should pick up even more if it warms up with some sunshine here.

Stay Safe, praying for peace... bigz

Chilly damp FFF to all. Hope everyone is staying somewhat dry in this chilly Spring weather we are having. Some folks on here are within an hour of Appleton for sure Brooks.
Hens are laying better with the longer daylight hours. A dozen a day and more is the common number for now but should pick up even more if it warms up with some sunshine here.

Stay Safe, praying for peace... bigz
We are about an hour south of Madison. And it is so cold and windy. Our chicks are in the coop since they are 3-4 weeks of age and i thought it was going to warm up. Stay safe and warm everyone.

I'm in Norway Mi. which is just above Florence County, Wi. I feel much closer to Wisconsinites than Michiganders since I was raised in Waukesha.
Any hoo, I'm new to the avian World. I'm starting out with 4 Female Welsh Harlequin Ducks, and I plan on only having Ducks. I won't get a Drake until I'm sure this is for me.
I really wanted Cayuga Ducks but there is a breeder right up the road from me with the Harlequin.
Nice to meet you all!
Bob M. or RJMYooper

Attachments

• bina-toy.jpg
    bina-toy.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 0
I'm in Norway Mi. which is just above Florence County, Wi. I feel much closer to Wisconsinites than Michiganders since I was raised in Waukesha.
Any hoo, I'm new to the avian World. I'm starting out with 4 Female Welsh Harlequin Ducks, and I plan on only having Ducks. I won't get a Drake until I'm sure this is for me.
I really wanted Cayuga Ducks but there is a breeder right up the road from me with the Harlequin.
Nice to meet you all!
Bob M. or RJMYooper
Welcome to BYC, good luck raising your ducks.

Welcome to BYC, good luck raising your ducks.
Hi all you old people who know me, and hi to the new people who don't.
It has been over a year since I had a computer to work on. GS set me up with this one. It is in the living room, not in my basement room like the old one. Much nicer.
I had both hips replaced and my heart pacemaker replaced. All the rehab took up a lot of my time and energy.
Frankie, the big dog in my avatar was put down. She was getting all crippled up and in lots of pain. We got rid of all birds and animals. Only ones around here are the wild ones.
We had a doe give birth to triplets in our front yard. I wonder if any of them will return this spring.
We didn't have a garden last summer. thinking of corn and tomatoes this year.
I have lots of garlic planted. It did real good last year.
I planted a large bed of rhubarb. It grew real hardy last summer. I have enough plants so that I should be able to pick a stalk off of each plant,,,,enough to make at least one pie.
I planted apple, pear and cherry trees last summer. they didn't look so great going into winter. we will see.
when I say , I planted,,,it means that my nephew Dan planted..
So. what's new ?

Kind of a springy day. supposed to get up into the low 40"s .
the sap is running again, I didn't tap any trees. Maybe next year.
My spring will start after Easter. I hope the tractor is fixed in time for plowing. If not, I won't plant any corn.
I plan on planting only six tomatoes. I say that every year, but this year I really mean it.
BL4, the last I knew you were moving. Did you?

I am back, but where are y ou ?
I watched the grammies and oscars for my first time ever. I can't wait until next years when I can go back to not watching again.

Back
Top Bottom