Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Hows weather looking for everyone. I am expecting an inch of snow. And a inch of ice. And they are expecting the ice to take the power out.

We have lucked out with the last 3 snow events here. Only 1" of light fluffy snow in each of the last 3 snowstorms. Been just driving over it and packing it down. I'll clean up the bottom part of the driveway where the plow has filled it in some, but not today with extreme winds we are having.
The hens are doing great, and the longer daylight hours are getting the laying going a little better.

Stay Safe ... bigz

We have lucked out with the last 3 snow events here. Only 1" of light fluffy snow in each of the last 3 snowstorms. Been just driving over it and packing it down. I'll clean up the bottom part of the driveway where the plow has filled it in some, but not today with extreme winds we are having.
The hens are doing great, and the longer daylight hours are getting the laying going a little better.

Stay Safe ... bigz
We got about 5 inches with drifting. Roads were very slick.

Looking forward to upper 30s and 40s next week. Trying to find some younger birds that aren't chicks to add to my flock, hard to be patient :) Started some cold sow seeds this week and will do more this weekend.

Given the economic issues and impending WWIII; I hope everyone has their meat bird order in……. And their garden seeds ready to roll.

Some insight into the food situation; the company I work for is scrambling to find ingredients right now, and the forecast for next year looks very bleak. Store what you can, grow what you can, and if possible help your neighbor…….

Hoping we can find a place to land soon…….

Better news; Coop 2.0 is almost ready to begin construction. Hay wagon running gear located and on site, shed kit ready to roll, just need to get the platform ready and we are off! Those poor birds have been crammed into small quarters for far too long…..

Back
Top Bottom