Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

I am doing quite well. I don't have to go outside for any thing.
the robin has been snowed on at least three times. come on spring already.
I am thinking of roasting a turkey for Easter. I am going to cut it up before putting it into the Nesco.
That should make it easier to serve at the table. IDK how many people will be here. Anywhere from 2 to 11 ,

Good hear but really want a couple nice days to build my coop and run. This weekend sounds like it could give me a start.

We are first time chicken owners but I have a son with about 100 on his farm and a neighbor that has a few right next door. Looking forward to seeing how this goes. My DW is starting to second guess as the cost of lumber and everything is a little more than she expected.

I got the rainy spring blues. My chickens are doing good-laying and eating well, staying as dry as can be but also loving digging in the wettish dirt finding bugs/worms. I have one with bumblefoot but she is taking her meds good and keeping her bandage on.

I got the itch to garden! I did put out some early lettuce and onion sets, maybe a bit early but it will be ok. I tend to test the waters a little more each year with some of those cold hardy things. Tulips are starting to poke through, no sight of asparagus or rhubarb yet but hopefully with the warmer weather (even with the rain) that will all start to poke through. LOTS of robins hopping around which makes for a feel of spring.

I agree with some of those that posted above, spring will come after Easter.

My chicks are in the coop and they were to cold with the heater plate that i had to put the heat lamp on. It has been raining all day. Expecting a inch if snow this week.

I got the rainy spring blues. My chickens are doing good-laying and eating well, staying as dry as can be but also loving digging in the wettish dirt finding bugs/worms. I have one with bumblefoot but she is taking her meds good and keeping her bandage on.

I got the itch to garden! I did put out some early lettuce and onion sets, maybe a bit early but it will be ok. I tend to test the waters a little more each year with some of those cold hardy things. Tulips are starting to poke through, no sight of asparagus or rhubarb yet but hopefully with the warmer weather (even with the rain) that will all start to poke through. LOTS of robins hopping around which makes for a feel of spring.

We had started our indoor garden a few weeks ago the plants got way to big to fast and died. I definitely think spring will come after Easter. The robins here are hopping around i wish spring would come sooner.

Our 5 chicks are still in the house. 3 weeks old tomorrow. Growing crazy fast. PIck is a week ago already.

Attachments

• St Paddys chicks.jpg
    St Paddys chicks.jpg
    449 KB · Views: 3

You must be in zone six. we don't have much bare ground up here in zone four.
what is bare is still frozen.

Back
Top Bottom