Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

I know there were signs up for ducks at the Mennonite store a little while ago. I will probably be going there for supply run this afternoon, so if there is a note on the board I will grab a number for you. It would be in Oconto County most likely - so about 30 minutes from Marinette/Menominee. (My local TwinCities, lol.)

That reminds me about what a small town, innocent I tend to be.
I grew up in a small town in northeastern Wisconsin. To me, the Twin Cities was Marinettee/Menominee and of course the city of Menominee was in Michigan, and there was the Menominee Indian Reservation and Menominee County near Green Bay.
In college in southern Wisconsin, I found out the Twin cities was actually Minneapolis and St. Paul to most of the Americans living in the big wide world. I dated a guy from Minneapolis who explained it to me when we first met, lol.
After graduating from college, I got a job and moved to the Eau Claire area. Before I could explore the area at all, I was told at work I would be going to Menominee for training. Wow! They were sending me all the way across the state for training, and maybe I could stop by and see my parents while I was there. Duh, the City of Menominee that was 25 miles west.
At over 55 years old, I still have those duh moments. Keeps me humble.

I know there were signs up for ducks at the Mennonite store a little while ago. I will probably be going there for supply run this afternoon, so if there is a note on the board I will grab a number for you. It would be in Oconto County most likely - so about 30 minutes from Marinette/Menominee. (My local TwinCities, lol.)
Excellent! What would I do without this site?
Thank you so much!

That reminds me about what a small town, innocent I tend to be.
I grew up in a small town in northeastern Wisconsin. To me, the Twin Cities was Marinettee/Menominee and of course the city of Menominee was in Michigan, and there was the Menominee Indian Reservation and Menominee County near Green Bay.
In college in southern Wisconsin, I found out the Twin cities was actually Minneapolis and St. Paul to most of the Americans living in the big wide world. I dated a guy from Minneapolis who explained it to me when we first met, lol.
I had a mentor in the P.O. who was from Stephenson, just north of Menominee. He got to ride His BMW motorcycle all over the U.P. for the P.O. as a high ranking Post Master.
You can buy a small house for what those BMW Motorcycles cost.

I am out of the loop since I got rid of my animals. I don't know of any ducks
Wyo, what kind of job did you get laid off from? I didn't recall you had a job, I guess. Hope you find what you like.
I am/was rather outspoken . I got out and out fired twice. I guess you are not supposed to point your finger in the leadman's face and read him out . LoL
the two small beds of garlic are up. can see the rhubarb from the road, now. no asparagus yet.

I am out of the loop since I got rid of my animals. I don't know of any ducks
Wyo, what kind of job did you get laid off from? I didn't recall you had a job, I guess. Hope you find what you like.
I am/was rather outspoken . I got out and out fired twice. I guess you are not supposed to point your finger in the leadman's face and read him out . LoL
the two small beds of garlic are up. can see the rhubarb from the road, now. no asparagus yet.
why did you get rid of your animals?

Back
Top Bottom