Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

I've been talking to a shelter U.P. here about getting a barn cat or two for varmint control. They spay and neuter feral cats and then find them homes that will provide shelter, a little food and such. It's a National program.
hshv.org
Do they charge a fee for that ?
I am not about to "adopt" a cat for the $50 that they charge around here.
I think I would want a female. They are not as likely to wander off like the toms do.

trap a couple of those cats and drop them off here.
looks like a nice day shaping up.
Will try to get something done.
If I do just one project a day, I should be all caught up by first frost.
Yeah, they need to stay here our garage has mice in it every year caught 5 mice in one trap and 5 in another. And about 7 years ago when we moved into this house there was a abandoned housr that is now fixed. When they started to fix the house there were a hundred cats in it. Most which have been caught now. But there was a mama cat that decided to have her and her 3 kittens come live in our garage. My dad is allergic to cats so we had to take the kitten we caught to the human society. Now there is about 2 stray cats. The other 2 have homes. I know the one cat just had a litter of kittens. So i wonder were she hides them.

Yeah, they need to stay here our garage has mice in it every year caught 5 mice in one trap and 5 in another. And about 7 years ago when we moved into this house there was a abandoned housr that is now fixed. When they started to fix the house there were a hundred cats in it. Most which have been caught now. But there was a mama cat that decided to have her and her 3 kittens come live in our garage. My dad is allergic to cats so we had to take the kitten we caught to the human society. Now there is about 2 stray cats. The other 2 have homes. I know the one cat just had a litter of kittens. So i wonder were she hides them.
when they cleaned out the property close to us, a hundred rats decided our place looked good to them.
We poisoned rats and I shot rats for months.
today I cut seven green cuttings from the elderberries. I took two from a bush a little farther up the road. got them all in their mini greenhouse.
my brother lucked out. a can left two kittens under his deck. He built a small insulated shelter for them. they are still there after two years.
semi wild..

when they cleaned out the property close to us, a hundred rats decided our place looked good to them.
We poisoned rats and I shot rats for months.
today I cut seven green cuttings from the elderberries. I took two from a bush a little farther up the road. got them all in their mini greenhouse.
my brother lucked out. a can left two kittens under his deck. He built a small insulated shelter for them. they are still there after two years.
semi wild..
My grandparents have wild cats that are always around. They had a tomcat just walk up one day and then 2 years later disappeared. He was always wild still and he had got very injured one night and we nursed him back to health. So we think a coyote got him.

Jim, you are not allowed to duck out….. it’s nice to hear from you and glad you are doing well. BigZ seems to have flown the coop……

We almost have the chicken gypsy wagon done…… my poor birds have been locked up for so long….. it will be nice to get them into a proper home.

4CE4200D-88F8-434E-82D9-5C948224D8DB.jpeg

As long as I don't find myself talking to myself, I will be here.
Yesterday a selected seven elderberry green cuttings. I made a mini greenhouse out of a five gallon pail. today I am going after some plum cuttings. when my brother comes, I am going after apple cuttings.
the garlic is growing like mad. it is at least six inches tall and there are already multiple leaves.
Now there are at least two tiny rabbits under the wheelchair ramp
Probably more.
Brent is turkey hunting this week.
He will check in as soon as he bags one. lol
That is a fine chicken coop, BL4

Jim, you are not allowed to duck out….. it’s nice to hear from you and glad you are doing well. BigZ seems to have flown the coop……

We almost have the chicken gypsy wagon done…… my poor birds have been locked up for so long….. it will be nice to get them into a proper home.

View attachment 3097332
That coop is beautiful.

Hubby and I were out on the 4 wheelers yesterday and watched a turkey cross the 12-acre bean field, stopping to take a dirt bath on the way, wander up the shooting range and then walk right past us thru the fallow pasture and cross the road into the woods. It was just out for a stroll on a beautiful day I guess.
Trees are budding out and the search for the aparagus is about to begin. With the warm weather it should start popping up soon.

@jvls1942 I was a CAD Drafter for a consulting firm. They are trying to expand, but just don't seem to be able to win any jobs so they ran out of work for me.

Wyo, I was a draftsman. I worked for a window company that had CAD.
Only problem was, I got my training on a drafting table. there was no CAD at that time. Learning on the job just didn't cut it for me.
My son is a supervisor for a company that is setting up to design houses on a computer. People can describe what they want and get a custom plan the same day. complete with the cost .
They are located in Middleton, Wisc
For those who don't know, I have two mini green houses with plum and elderberry cuttings in them. I made them out of 5 gal pails. I never did it this way before.
I hope it works. I have lots of apples I want to do, yet..

Asparagus is starting to come up here.
Morels should start to pop, gets to warm and dry will shut down morels.

I have chicks hatching and a mite problem. started to clean where the chickens are in the barn. Will be dusting chickens and spraying the barn area with some pyrethrum.
Have rooster I think is anemic. DO not know if it is going to make it.
I did drafting in jr high and 2 years high school, though about going into it at the time ,but got board of it. Different to learn math with number 2 pencil, use a road map to figure out where to go. I just hope my daughter which will be graduating next 2 years from high school will be able to drive to a destination with out google maps on. Oh gosh if the cell phone were to die be the end of the world.

Very nice chicken coop, real nice.

Back
Top Bottom