Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

My guineas are not flying so much like the ones I had back in the 80s. The ones I had years ago were all over. The ones I have now hang with the chickens which they were raised with. Maybe they think they are chickens at least for now.
I've got guineas that I hatched and brooded alongside chickens and they'll come back to the coop with the chickens and even lay in their nesting boxes. In my experience, if you don't start them off together, integration is nearly impossible. Guineas can be bullies!

I found that guineas raised with chickens are more docile.
I once bought two small flocks from two different people. those two flocks never integrated. even when only one remained from one of the flocks, she remained a loner.
I only had button quail, I fed them ground oats and corn.
don't bother making a nesting box for them, they just lay their eggs wherever they happen to be when the urge strikes.

I found that guineas raised with chickens are more docile.
I once bought two small flocks from two different people. those two flocks never integrated. even when only one remained from one of the flocks, she remained a loner.
I only had button quail, I fed them ground oats and corn.

don't bother making a nesting box for them, they just lay their eggs wherever they happen to be when the urge strikes.
Ok, i just want other tyles of fowl and our town doesnt allow anything but chickens, ducks, and quail.

Ok, i just want other tyles of fowl and our town doesnt allow anything but chickens, ducks, and quail.
that's funny. Ducks can make more noise than roosters ..
My quails crowed a lot. but it was not as loud as a chicken/rooster.
the few quail we tried to eat were tough. I would suggest pressure cooking them. Maybe the larger types are not tough.

that's funny. Ducks can make more noise than roosters ..
My quails crowed a lot. but it was not as loud as a chicken/rooster.
the few quail we tried to eat were tough. I would suggest pressure cooking them. Maybe the larger types are not tough.
They would be used for eggs and meat. And it is funny that the town will allow ducks and not roosters. Although people up the road from us have a rooster.

They would be used for eggs and meat. And it is funny that the town will allow ducks and not roosters. Although people up the road from us have a rooster.
I guess as long as nobody complains you can have roosters .
when my grandson was in grade school he stayed with us. He liked his eggs sunny side up.
One morning I cooked up 8 quail eggs , sunny side up . He got a kick out of that.

I guess as long as nobody complains you can have roosters .
when my grandson was in grade school he stayed with us. He liked his eggs sunny side up.
One morning I cooked up 8 quail eggs , sunny side up . He got a kick out of that.
I know but our backdoor neighboors would complain about a rooster and we would get fined.

Back
Top Bottom