Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

I think it is time for a man's point of view.. You did WHAT ? left your own flesh and blood in a total stranger's care while you went galivating around ; to the Dr's office, no less.. LOL

Isn't it funny how some people can see other people's shortcomings but cannot see what is right under their own nose?

I have about 16 new chicks for Bruce.. and two turkeys are pipped..

Annie found a duck's nest with 22 eggs in it.. we are going to divide them up between the 2 turkeys who are wanting to set..

we are going to put both turkeys into the small quansit hut.. I hope they each stay in her own nest..

I am going out to fix up their nests right now..

Haven't been on for a bit, I'll have to go back and read it all but I think its at least 10 pages, did I miss anything important?? been busy busy busy, just got a call from Porter and sandhill both shipped today, so I have to make room for 15 sweetgrass turks and I don't know how many chicks, plus I got hatching in the incubator
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
, I need it to get warm i'm out of room
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

Hey BCC nice to see your around. I hear ya on the busyness just wish it would warm up!! I also have quite a few chicks around,but I do have room send something my way.
big_smile.png
They would be well cared for!! What new endevor are you taking on from Sand Hill?

Evening All

So much has happenend here! First off huge hug to Raiquee....I have no kids that are human but I know how you feel! Sometimes family can be sooo dense! I thought you handled it great and you are a terrific mom. Just the fact the Damien has to be in day care keep his spot is all that really matters. You were smart enough to make sure to coordinate it into a Dr appointment and a day care day on the same day! Less stress on you, less stress on Damien, saves you gas in your car, Hunter gets a check up, and Damien stays in his day care! See, it's all well planned!!!

dk1-that is a cute pic of your pups. He sure was a good looking dog.

Carol-congrats on the move! I bet your happy it's done!

Keedokes congrats on the babies!!!I love their names!! I missed Wizarding Independence Day!!!! My little Aseel is white and named Luna Lovegood since she hatched on the Super Moon in March! Good luck with the ordinances!!

Man there is more to say but I can't remember it all!! I have been meaning to comment on otonoh's coop and run since I keep forgetting to!! It is awsome!!! If I was a chicken or Terri-o I'd want to live there too!! Great job!

So, what is new here at Lazy Acres Chicken Retirement Home.....It was a cold and yuckie day here. Im glad it did not snow here! I think I would have cried if it did! Come on Spring and warmth! I've got things to plant!!!! I think I'll get a peach tree or two to make me feel better...and maybe a hazel nut tree...and maybe a plum...no- no plum...don't like plums...but prunes are good...ok maybe a plum if the are cold hardy enough.....must google plums...
What esle..Oh! I got a rabbit cage hung!!! However, after I hung the cage, I realized that there will be to much swaying for happy and productive rabbits, so I will use plastic/resin saw horses instead. BUT.....all things happen for a reason and God had a plan. I was wondering what to do with the chains and such when I thought-brooder area! So there I go, a nice area to set brooders up in that is not in the house!! Yeah!
The after this little epiphany, dh tracks me down to ask me if I'd be willing to brood some ducks!! I'm like "Why?" He then said "remeber the seminar that we are doing in Ill, well they want ducks along with the chicks for the seminar" "Oh" I say. So looks like my little brooder area will be put to the test sooner rather then next year! We will start 50ish ducks, 50 meat chicks and 40 assorted laying hens. So planning on 3 to 4 brooders. I'm thinking of getting that rolled corrugated cardboard and making little round pens for the fuzzy people with lots of shavings.

Well, have a great night all!

Good LAST Frosty Spring Morning All! Raiquee I'm with Jim, ODrH and others. You have to learn that it doesn't matter what others think of you or your methods. It's YOUR life not theirs! Those people need to get a life of their own. I always see that those that critisize do so because of their own shortcomings. Just smile and nod your head. MLH thasa a lot of chickens! And now ducks
cool.png
WELCOME My Golden Ladies! Think you will able to find what you need on here. BCC out of room? SURPRISE!
lau.gif
So many of you have such large flocks in a way I'm jealous of all the different breeds but I like my small flock. kee congrats on the hatching success! BBP How I wish Laura wasn't allergic to those red orbs, the garden would certainly be much bigger! That's been on my mind too. The garden needs to be bigger AGAIN!
th.gif
Got all the summer machines up and ready to go yesterday while watching the flakes come down, 60's today.
celebrate.gif
Goin out to cut, split, and haul even if I do rut things up. It has to be done! It used to be that Buster attacks Peatwo for mounting the hens, yesterday Peatwo attacked Buster.
lau.gif
Buster ignored him and went about his business.
gig.gif
Enjoy the weather good people! How ya doin Bigz? Hope it's good!

Last edited:
good morning, I posted last night, but it zoomed out into cyber space.. I do not see it anywhere..

I removed the hatching chicks this morning.. a couple of pips left, one wet one still in there, and 12 eggs not hatched including the 2 pipped ones.. so far I took 28 up to the chick TV.
almost 75%..

still have a turkey zipped pretty well.. I might have to help him. I will give him a couple more hours..

I hope to get the pieces cut for the chicken nests.. It looks like a nice warm dry day today.. more rain in the forcast for the next couple of days..

MLH if you hang the chain so that the upper end is wider than the cage, it should not sway. ____________/ dashed line = cage top
/=chain..

I've only been gone for 1 day and I got catching up to do
lol.png
I gotta be quick this a.m.
I'm going to Madison with my DS 10! to the capital and to the Zoo Zoo Zoo!

later all! (nervous, I'm leaveing DH to do all the chores!) ok I am
ya.gif
ya.gif
that I get a break from it all!
tata

Back
Top Bottom