2 cups butter
1 tsp almond
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour.

cream your butter, add almond, mix till light and fluffy,
sift dry ingredients together
add one cup of dry to butter mixture at a time till blended

roll into balls on cookie sheet in oval shape and refrigerate for 2 hours.

cut ears and dot eyes..add colored sugar if desired

refrigerate for 2 hours and bake

300 degrees
5-6 minutes or until ears start to turn color

Easter bunny cookies

do not preheat oven  till after last refrigeration

2 cups butter
1 tsp almond

1 cup brown sugar

1/4 teaspoon salt

4 cups flour.

cream your butter, add almond, mix till light and fluffy,
sift dry ingredients together
add one cup of dry to butter mixture at a time till blended

roll into balls on cookie sheet in oval shape and refrigerate for 2 hours.

cut ears and dot eyes..add colored sugar if desired

refrigerate for 2 hours and bake

300 degrees
5-6 minutes or until ears start to turn color

Thanks delish!!! I'll send a pic when I get around to giving them a try! No matter how they turn out hehe ;-)

Good morning! I saw those bunnies on facebook (or somewhere) I tho
ught they were dinner rolls? Probably would work with either me thinks! Wouldnt they be so cute nestled in a basket on the table for dinner?
I slept in today...looks like your Annie shared a birthday with my daughter Jim! She is 27 today...I laughed at the 220 comment...when DH gets out of the shower I will tell him about your wit.

Today is the first day for daycare here! It is just a short one...maybe so I can get my feet wet slowly? I do need to get off of here and do some picking up--er shoveling out! Thanks God it is trash day this Friday!

I am glad to see the little ones are making their way out of the coop Deli! They are growing very fast! I think I will get the incubator heating today. I want to add the quail eggs I have and do a test hatch on some of my breeding pairs. Gotta get those Aussies paired up! Maybe we will try to move snow this afternoon and get that pen to close. Is is really true that more is due?
th.gif
I hope lots melts today cause I dont have anywhere to go with it anymore!

Well, out to do chores...I will bring the shovel back in with me! LOL!

TErriOlotstodobefore1:30

(PS) BBP I DID notice your cat and even commented that it looks like our Weber that passed away last year! We only have one black one now--the one that terrorizes everything! So "glad" I brought him in out of the cold!

While I realize I might not be posting this in the "proper" place....seeing as we're all from Wisconsin..and have pretty close to the same weather, I'm hoping I can get some of your most awesome "pro's" expertise here!

Being brand new to the chicken experience, I've read everything I can get my hands on for the 6mo before we bought our farm...and am still educating myself. Here I "THOUGHT" I knew what my plan was from brooding our chicks. Sent my darling husband to Menards/Lowes to get my "supplies" and he comes home and tells me " I met this guy who had four chickens and hatches 300 quail a year, told him your plan and he said it will never work". If that's not the most discouraging sentence ever heard. This was my plan:

We have a room in our basement, while not heated it's not freezing (maybe 60*?) We have several rooms with doors that do close in there. One room is about 8x10. Concrete floor 1 foundation wall 2 wood framed walls with a window and concrete floor. My plan was to styro-board insulate the walls, ceiling floor for insulation factor. Then have set up the brooder (s), still on the fence about what kind (opinions anyone?) either tubs with proper lighting or a swimming pool for when they're larger. Also, planning to supplement heat with an infra red heater.

But......Quail guy says it will never work, bins bleed heat....and it'll cost a "fortune" to run that heater.....and we'll never be able to regulate temps My husband is taking this "Quail guys" word for Gospel..... Please help!!!

good morning,

today I am putting my mechanic's hat on.. I am going to my brother's house to try to figure out why his truck won't turn over.. He never does anything mechanical .. so I figure corroded battery cables.. then starter solenoid, then bad switch, then take it to a fix-it shop..

snowing lightly here.. good news is, it will melt soon.. remember,, mud season follows snow and ice.. I have to find my low boy golashes..

today Annie is another year older.. I wanted to trade her in for 2 twenty year old's when she turned 40. ,,,,,,,, she said I wasn't wired for 220..

Yesterday, I wrote a post and hit submit.. IDK where it went,, I am glad it was just a short one..Irritating, just the same..

well, my cuppa is tepid, and I have things to do before I leave, so ta ta ,

.........jimwouldratherbeacarpentertodayinsteadofapickupfixup.....
lau.gif

No trade-ins allowed!! lol
Happy Birthday to Annie!

I thought those bunnies were rolls too! lol Very cute!

BL4 - keeping my fingers crossed that he keeps improving!

TO - I shoveled out the coop runs here yesterday. Lots of work but glad to have it done. I'm also hoping for not so much more snow!

Sunshine - I don't think you would need to insulate the walls in the basement. I'm brooding in my basement as well. It's usually around 63° down there. You said you planned on using some bins or kiddie pool with a heat source. That should be fine. Get a small thermometer to put under the heat lamp to check what the temp will be for the chicks. As long as it can get up to 95 your good. Just keep adjusting it as they get older. Big plastic tote bins work well for brooders and they are easy to clean. I do think you're on the right track! I'm sure others will chime in with advice as well. Lots of good ones here that have been doing this for years! Good luck on your first chicks!

Was off line since Wednesday afternoon. Came back on today and there were 176 posts!!! REALLY? Read through them all though. Whew!
clap.gif

Welcome to ALL the newbies. Lots of ya since Wednesday, WOW!

While I realize I might not be posting this in the "proper" place....seeing as we're all from Wisconsin..and have pretty close to the same weather, I'm hoping I can get some of your most awesome "pro's" expertise here!

Being brand new to the chicken experience, I've read everything I can get my hands on for the 6mo before we bought our farm...and am still educating myself.  Here I "THOUGHT" I knew what my plan was from brooding our chicks.   Sent my darling husband to Menards/Lowes to get my "supplies" and he comes home and tells me " I met this guy who had four chickens and hatches  300 quail a year, told him your plan and he said it will never work".   If that's not the most discouraging sentence ever heard.  This was my plan:

We have a room in our basement, while not heated it's not freezing (maybe 60*?) We have several rooms with doors that do close in there.  One room is about 8x10.  Concrete floor 1 foundation wall 2 wood framed walls with a window and concrete floor.   My plan was to styro-board insulate the walls, ceiling floor for insulation factor.  Then have set up the brooder (s), still on the fence about what kind (opinions anyone?) either tubs with proper lighting or a swimming pool for when they're larger.   Also, planning to supplement heat with an infra red heater.

But......Quail guy says it will never work, bins bleed heat....and it'll cost a "fortune" to run that heater.....and we'll never be able to regulate  temps   My husband is taking this "Quail guys" word for Gospel.....  Please help!!!

My husband built a wood box. We kept them in the basement. It had a wire top. I put plastic on the floor with pine chips. We kept a heat lamp in one corner, hung a thermometer for regulating. Put the food and water in another corner(hint, elevate the water a little lol) all the girls were very content :) everybody survived very well ! And now free roam very happily outside! Last spring was my first time. But it seemed to go very well. Good luck!!!

Picked up Two Roosters today from Vicki (CC's Friend). I "think" they are a Dom/Buff cross - Help me out CC

I got them home and they crow in harmony... LOL one says Cock-a-doodle-doo while the other one crows Cock-a-doodle-wah. The "wah" is about 8 notes down from the other's crow... It's really funny.

They fell right into the flock just fine - so far.... Will keep you posted.

Back
Top Bottom