Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

I may have a speckled Sussex roo if anyone is interested. Carol has first dibs but sounds like she does not need him now. He is fairly timid. He has a little frost bite on his comb, but otherwise he is almost a year and is very handsome.

We keep chicken illegally following the motto of "don't ask, don't tell". If we get caught we will plea ignorance and then fight to change city ordinances. We have had them over a year now. In the past year we've been though 7 roos crowing and culling them as well as having one really loud mouth hen that thinks she is a roo!
We built our coop and run so that it can be shut up to look like a shed. We are lucky in the sense that our neighbors are not too close and we built the coop on the side of our house that borders a ravine.
Many people on here have fought town ordinances and some have had to give up their flock. I agree, just get some. Worst case scenario, you've got dinner!

Well I am on two days in a row. I hope to get the internet back up tomorrow. I was planing on getting it done today but I had/have to work from 10 am to 9:30 pm.. and yes I am looking for a better job.
Anyhoo, what does anyone know about a bantam breed called a rose comb??
Thanks tons!
I am going to candle eggs with Kristi tomorrow.

Well back to work
I
I seen my pet chicken sells them. Their a true bantam breed, that comes in a bunch of colors and have a rose comb
. According the MPC they are hard to raise and only lay about 1egg a week. http://www.mypetchicken.com/chicken-breeds/Rosecomb-Bantam-B98.aspx

Last edited:
Well I'll be dinged! This is the smallest hen egg I've ever seen! Here it is next to an average sized egg. I wonder which one laid it? It wasn't in any of the usual places - just out in the open in the middle of the coop. Hmmmmm?!?

So...almost all but 4 of my eggs set hatched yesterday. This odd one worried me! A naked neck???
Very cute, looks like a naked neck to me :)
Well I'll be dinged! This is the smallest hen egg I've ever seen! Here it is next to an average sized egg. I wonder which one laid it? It wasn't in any of the usual places - just out in the open in the middle of the coop. Hmmmmm?!?
Do you have any bantams or silkies?

The gang was busy looking for some cheerios I threw down for them so it was hard to get a good pic of Danny Boy in the coop. He's way too fast for the camera! They're all getting along famously. He hangs back in the coop when the girls go outside to rummage around in the mud and snow. Wonder if he's afraid to go out or if he just likes it better inside where it's (relatively) warmer. (Or should I just say "less cold" as we're not even close to warm yet?!?)

Back
Top Bottom