Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Hi All!

Glad Casha is doing a bit better! Dora too!

So Tommy got his 15 min. of fame! LOL cute!

The rooster that was out last night must have gone in by the turkeys some time, he was in his usual place tonight but another one went to the neighbor's pines tonight. Speaking of roosters.... George managed to get string wound around his feet today. He was NOT happy when I "rescued" him.LOL You would have thought I was trying to wrap it around him! Well, once I got it off one leg he figured I was helping and calmed down.

Everything else OK here....... Night All!
Oh yes...very familiar with that scenario Cind! There is ONE piece of string laying around the whole farm and a chicken will get it wrapped around its legs for sure! I have several pairs of cheap scissors hanging around outside for that very reason. They come in handy when trying to hold a big bird that has string wrapped and wrapped and twisted among toes and spurs!

We are having a heat wave!! I wonder if my waters will stay liquid all day today..that sure will be a nice break. The chickens were happy about it too..if it was not snowing so hard they would have all played outside longer this morning..They just sort of ate and ran even after I shoveled them a nice spot..
I still cant believe you SHOVEL for your chickens! Dont the ducks pat all the snow down for you? They and the geese make my dooryard completely flat within an hour of letting them out! No shoveling necessary--and that is a good thing! I can hardly get the sidewalk and driveway done! Maybe I should let the birds go up there and earn their keep?
The weather man just said the high for today would be 32 and tomorrow 34, Thursday maybe up to 47? WTH? He also said low for Wednesday night is 26 below...I think he needs another cuppa!
Have a good one--stay safe when those roads start freezing up! TerriO

good morning, string, ahhh yes.. whenever I open one of those zip open bags, I put the string into my pocket.. after going through a couple of washes, I have the cleanest little tufts of string around..

I have had a couple of birds get the string caught up in a tree and then they died up there.

I am drinking the last 1/2 cuppa from the pot.. GS made the potta at about midnight and didn't turn the pot off.. as soon as I water the birds, I am heading to the restaurant for a good cuppa...

got about 2 inches of the slippery white sh!t.. I am going to resist plowing for a little longer..

.......jiminwisc.........

TO,

No more ducks..I sold my whole flock..all 53 ducks went with one person the last time I sold birds at 7 mile fair. I did not like constantly changing water for the chickens..

I am looking forward to some warmer weather..I have too many poosicles to remove.

Here's the latest pic of my BLRW pullet, she's growing so fast. Starting to lose some wing feathers as you can see how loose they are. Can you see all the dust on everything in the background? Won't be long and they be outside finally.

Deli-when are you looking to make cookies? I am trying to get doctor appt made before the deductible rolls over, we have to exchange the kiddos for the holidays (to their other parents)..sometimes I'd like to exchange them
lau.gif
, and try to get haircuts.

Hello fellow cheese heads, haven't been here for a long while. WOW ! What a packer game last weekend. Maybe they will have a chance if they hit on all cylinders for awhile. Maybe we'll have a more normal winter this year. Like when I was a kid. Got the tree up, cookies made and birds are fed. Now waiting on Christmas. I'll have to check in more often. Mike

Probably wondering who's this guy? It's been awhile.

Deli-when are you looking to make cookies? I am trying to get doctor appt made before the deductible rolls over, we have to exchange the kiddos for the holidays (to their other parents)..sometimes I'd like to exchange them
lau.gif
, and try to get haircuts.
Just let me know..it takes a while to make them..I could use some cookie decorators..
I will make several batches a head of time ..give me a two day heads up..

Glad you stopped by cedar post. How are the auburn javas doing? I know you thought they were looking good in the beginning.

Yep, the Pack needs to win their last two games to make the playoffs...tough road ahead for them. It would be sweet for sure.

bigz

Hello to all, I see a few new people.. Thats great I m not new, in fact quite the contrary. Its good to see alot of the regulars still on the site. I hope you all r doing well and I will do a little catching up. Finally got the net back so I hope to stay currant and am looking forward to all the good banter! Stay warm and be kind GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!

ZEKE !!!!!!!!!!!! missed you, for sure..

My computer was on the fritz all afternoon.. I just got back online a little while ago.. GS worked on it and got it going..

I have a feeling that Rogers will play the next game..

half of the geese decided to come out and play today.. they didn't last long.. I made them stay out until dusk.. they acted like there was a troll in the water pan.. wouldn't go near it to drink or bathe.. I guess they liked my heated waterer base so much that they are spoiled..

.........jiminwisc.........

Back
Top Bottom