Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

There are things to prevent that you know, to avoid the red hand issues......
yuckyuck.gif
And red other parts. Ouch!

There's just no way I can say much or else it sounds like I've seen why Jim's red handed. Personally, if I had no heat in my bedroom I guess I'd do just about anything to generate friction and heat too... Just to be safe stay away from dry kindling...

Hi everyone. Some of you know that we are remodeling out kitchen. Since there are so many of you with different talents maybe someone can help me out. I realize this is not chicken related.:oops::oops:
When my custom cabinets were installed we realized that the inside of the doors were not stained the same color as the outside of the doors. There were also dozens of pinholes in the doors. After a week the owner of the company came to our home. He said that they do not stain the other side of the door the same because they focus on the front. The pinholes come from their manufacturing process where the doors rode thru the factory on nail beds. He says there is nothing he can do about it. I feel like since I am paying for custom cabinets they should be free of holes and the doors should ask be stained the same. The doors also do not match the frames. They are taking the cabinets back to the company and restaining them so they all match. But what should I do if there are still dozens of nail holes? Should I refuse? Btw this was never mentioned to me when I was purchasing them. Thanks guys I really appreciate your advice!

Hi everyone. Some of you know that we are remodeling out kitchen. Since there are so many of you with different talents maybe someone can help me out. I realize this is not chicken related.
hide.gif
:oops:
When my custom cabinets were installed we realized that the inside of the doors were not stained the same color as the outside of the doors. There were also dozens of pinholes in the doors. After a week the owner of the company came to our home. He said that they do not stain the other side of the door the same because they focus on the front. The pinholes come from their manufacturing process where the doors rode thru the factory on nail beds. He says there is nothing he can do about it. I feel like since I am paying for custom cabinets they should be free of holes and the doors should ask be stained the same. The doors also do not match the frames. They are taking the cabinets back to the company and restaining them so they all match. But what should I do if there are still dozens of nail holes? Should I refuse? Btw this was never mentioned to me when I was purchasing them. Thanks guys I really appreciate your advice!
I am answering as a former contractor.. NO HOLES !! WTH ??
the doors should match the frames,, without a doubt..

the staining should be to your satisfaction..

You are paying premium prices for custom cabinets..

from what you described, you would be better off with a good factory made cabinet..

I can't imagine what kind of conveyor has nails for grippers.. especially in a custom shop..

do not pay him a cent,, (more) i imagine he got a whopper of a down payment,

threaten him,, with court,,
or with his life if court doesn't concern him..No, better not do that.

My brother always told me,, "I know some guys".. I never took him up on that either..

I have a feeling that owner is going to be difficult to get in contact with..

have you seen his shop ? I will bet it resembles a chicken coop .. check it out ..

personally, I wouldn't give him a second chance.. find somebody else who has references..

If he tried to run those past you the first time, he probably can't of doesn't care to do better.

IMHO
......jiminwisc..........

ETA: just had another thought
they might try to fill the nail holes with putty.. I would warn him to not try that ..

Last edited:
Do you think I can get out of the contract? Btw- their plan is to fill the holes with putty...

Hi everyone. Some of you know that we are remodeling out kitchen. Since there are so many of you with different talents maybe someone can help me out. I realize this is not chicken related.:oops: :oops:

I am answering as a former contractor..  NO HOLES !!   WTH ??
the doors should match the frames,,  without a doubt..

the staining should be to your satisfaction..  

You are paying premium prices for custom cabinets..  

from what you described,   you would be better off with a good factory made cabinet..

I can't imagine what kind of conveyor has nails for grippers..  especially in a custom shop..

do not pay him a cent,, (more)  i imagine he got a whopper of a down payment, 

threaten him,,  with court,,  
or with his life if court doesn't concern him..No, better not do that.

My brother always told me,, "I know some guys"..  I never took him up on that either..

I have a feeling that owner is going to be difficult to get in contact with..  

have you seen his shop ?  I will bet it resembles a chicken coop ..  check it out ..

personally, I wouldn't give him a second chance..  find somebody else who has references..

If he tried to run those past you the first time, he probably can't of doesn't care to do better.

IMHO 
......jiminwisc..........

ETA:  just had another  thought
they might try to fill the nail holes with putty..  I would warn him to not try that ..

Do you think I can get out of the contract? Btw- their plan is to fill the holes with putty...
Quote: I would try to get out of the contract,, but it might be a fight to get your money back.. I am not saying it is impossible, just might be difficult..

sometimes a judge in court will say that you should give him the chance to correct his mistake..
In that case, I would demand all new cabinets.. not a bunch of worked over ones..

the stain might not cover the putty the same color as the rest of the door..

how does your DH feel about all this ? It would be good for the both of you to confront this guy together..

HI All!

Judge.... Jim is right. If they showed you cabinets with holes and bad staining before you bought, fine, you loose. But if what you saw (I would think you looked at samples of his work) is not the quality you are getting or agreed too, you may have a case.

CS... Isn't the 9th rather early considering the weather we've been having? Some poopcicles they might be able to get, but there's too much snow between the coop and the compost pile for much else.
hmm.png

WINTER.... I'M DONE!!! GO AWAY!!!
BTW.... Jon said it was 70 in Alabama (OK, there then Cali on Mon.)

Night All!

Hi everyone. Some of you know that we are remodeling out kitchen. Since there are so many of you with different talents maybe someone can help me out. I realize this is not chicken related.
hide.gif
:oops:
I agree with Jim on this one 100%! Your insides and outs should be stained the same and no nail holes. The putty holes will stand out like a sore thumb and possibly over time will shrink and look shabby. I can't see why a co. would do business like this and have people just believe that kind of story.

Back
Top Bottom