Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Sorry that I haven't posted here in so long! It's been a crappy winter. So here's my update on our little farm:

My dog passed away a few weeks ago, I'm really not sure why. He was just gone, and only a year old too. I think it had something to do with complications from being kicked by our horses back in September, but I'll never know. It's different to come home and not have him there to greet me, I'm thankful that we were able to have him in our lives even if it was for such a short time. Around new years we got a yellow lab puppy, she's a lot to handle but Molly is turning out pretty well. We do not have chickens, we had to give them to a neighbor because our coop is just too old and drifty for them in the winter, so now we are either going to buy or build a new one by the end of summer, haven't decided. Hopefully in the next month or so we will pick some laying hens off of craigslist and then get a couple dozen eggs to hatch so we can get a flock going again. I want to get serious about raising poultry so I can use it for hopefully a little profit as well as a hobby :) Our goslings from last year are starting to breed now, so I really hope they'll lay this year! We still have our 5 horses and they are doing well, sending one of the mares off for training soon and I'll be getting lessons since I haven't had a horse lesson since 5th grade xD Now I'll bombard you guys with pictures :D

This is Molly, the new puppy :)

Our resident pomeranians... I mean horses lol

I don't have any recent pictures of the geese, they don't seem to like cameras haha

They are gonna need food soon and I can not find a place that sells it for the life of me I looked online and some places have it, then I went to get it and they said they did not have it!

Joe is picking up the puppy tomorrow on his way home..well the long way home..
wee.gif

Who wants to help me pick a name?
Jim..how about you post some pictures of her?

Thanks Delisha! Since he got us a new incubator about a week ago (a Janoel) he wants to get into everything, and right away of course! You might have figured out by this time that he gets easily fired up about most things. Then they lay around and he never gets to anything for a while or at all... Lol.

Anyways, today was another nice sunny day that melted most of the driveway and made it a muddy mess again. SO cut and split more firewood and I stacked it. Then I played advisor for my depressed sister, took care of our gassy dogs (OMG do they SMELL!) and simple tossed a pizza in for dinner.

Now to take care of the birdies again before the night with food and fresh water before lockdown around 8 or 9 pm. Supposed to get down to -6 tonite and NOT looking forward to it. Waiting for the warming upcoming week and keeping my fingers crossed that it will finally STAY decent til the snow is finally gone.

Back
Top Bottom