Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Well I just wired one of the other heaters on the bottom of the bator, we'll see if it does the trick in the morning. I have 10 dozen eggs coming tomorrow and if it's not working correctly it's pointless. Just filled both bators in the house up double stacked. I think theirs 3 dozen in the Brinsea alone and another 6 in the home made on the hova turner. It will have to do until I get the monster right, if I can get it right.

Got all the pasture fence done today so the horses can finally go out on the pasture. Cleaned thru most of the tack shed so I can move all my chicken crap out there. Sorted whats going in the garage sale and what I want to keep. I only ended up with 2 totes to keep out of about 10 so I think I did really good. Hubby even give me a high five on it as I'm a hoarder born and bred. I know I have a problem and I want to stop so I've decided to have a garage sale with the inlaws and majorly downsize my collecting of things I think I'll use and never do. I'm hoping all the stuff I sell will be enough to pay for the cement in the garage. We will be doing all the forming work so that will also save on cost.

I also changed rear pads and shocks all around on a friends truck tonight and made 80$. He's coming tomorrow night to have me change one of the rear brake lines that's leaking also and possibly a tranny filter change. I'm really if rough shape. I used to be able to do all this in a breeze and now I'm so sore I had Tyler doing the tool running for me. I can barely walk after today, I hope I can get up in the morning as I have a visitation in Chippewa and Eau Claire.

Theirs also a huge pile outside the pole shed of stuff that got ruined from the roof caving in. I have about 2 1/2 weeks to have it all gone thru and assessed or I lose my claim. I was going to just not pursue it but figured why should they get away with getting my money and not holding up their end of it. I have never had a late payment, or missed a payment in all the years I've had them so why should they get away with pushing me around.

I'm not sure what the forecast is but I sure hope the rain holds off long enough to finish moving the contents of the shed over to the barn. I spent Friday putting floor joists in the upper part to make it a loft to store what wasn't ruining in the pole shed. As soon as everythings moved out I'll start tearing it down and moving it over to the barn.

Chickens are all finally laying nicely. I found out I have a mysterious EE amongst my barn flock I had no idea about. I'm pretty sure it's a Black dotte that was hatched out of a Black dotte x BLRW from last year. It's the only culprit it could be. I had so many chicks I wasn't sure I had kept any of those chicks. I never had EE from my old flock so it has to be the answer.

Guy buying all my prod chicks didn't show today. I called him to make sure he still wanted chicks but he had forgotten about me as he was at a Amish funeral til 3 am and it put him behind. He's coming at 4pm tomorrow to pick them up. I wasn't worried as I have another buyer for them, just he had first dibs.

As I'm writing this all I can think about is if those heaters will work in the monster to get it up to temps. I have to get one working so I can get all the eggs set I have orders for. I don't like stacking eggs on top of each other but was told that it would work. It just seems so senseless when I have ample room in the monster if it would get up there. Highest I can get it before second heater was 90deg. I'm crossing my fingers and toes!!

Hope everyone had a gr8 weekend!!

Hi all!
Busy weekend her. Tiny the bottle kitten gave me quite the scare this am. He was almost dead!! I think he is back around. And hopefully pulls through. It is weird. Because he has been pretty easy. And hadn't any issues until today. Fingers crossed.
Jim, sounds lime you are very busy with all of the chick hatching!
Miss, glad you were able to finish! Good for you :) how s your son?

Finally got a new vehicle. It is a 03 Suburban. She's a bute. Will be expensive on gas. High on mileage. So I got a great deal lol
Now hubby has taken over the car!

Wildsam, terri is far from you. But I am going there for a visit in the next few weeks. And my mom and her hubs live in winter, and can go through ladysmith on the way home . I remember terri saying she has goslings. Send her a pm. As she can not get on too often. They are toluse (sp)

Hope you all had as good a weekend as us!!

Hi all!
Busy weekend her. Tiny the bottle kitten gave me quite the scare this am. He was almost dead!! I think he is back around. And hopefully pulls through. It is weird. Because he has been pretty easy. And hadn't any issues until today. Fingers crossed.
Jim, sounds lime you are very busy with all of the chick hatching!
Miss, glad you were able to finish! Good for you :) how s your son?

Finally got a new vehicle. It is a 03 Suburban. She's a bute. Will be expensive on gas. High on mileage. So I got a great deal lol
Now hubby has taken over the car!

Wildsam, terri is far from you. But I am going there for a visit in the next few weeks. And my mom and her hubs live in winter, and can go through ladysmith on the way home . I remember terri saying she has goslings. Send her a pm. As she can not get on too often. They are toluse (sp)

Hope you all had as good a weekend as us!!

That would be awesome cuties! We actually live right down the road from Wimter, in Radisson. It would be a breeze just to meet you there if you'd like!
Will PM her tomorrow as I am all wore out from being outside and building all day, grocery shopping and taking care of all the birds too. Also had our first BBQ of the year, much needed! Thanks tho!

Hi All!

Well, the broody decided to try again. Got most of a brooder pen cleaned up for her. I'll finish it up and give her a new batch of eggs after I run errands.
I also picked a nice batch of asparagus out of my patch. It seems like it's not coming as good as it should this year.
Guess that's it.... Night All!

When we had purchased our leghorns we were informed they were all pullets. However I'm of the belief that we have a rooster in the bunch. I'm just looking for input from you all as to whether it is a rooster. Thanks for your input!

Rainy day all! Not the best weekend to move the 14 week old teens in with the big girls. They were ok yesterday, but today being rainy, they are huddled in a corner on top of one another. Hope they are ok.

Has anyone ever done the small scale stacking potatoe planters? We made the little box, first six inches, now to bury potatoes and wait for first sprouts then cover them up and do another layer. We will see how this works...

My baby banty's came in today! They are such cutie pies. :D

Morning all,

I ordered chicks yesterday. I normally get them from Abendroths but they are closed on the next Friday, The day I have off so I splurged and got Buffs and black astrolaps to be delivered this friday.
It should be warm enough and maybe just maybe I will get eggs by the fall
That's where my chick's were ordered from. :)

Back
Top Bottom