Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Kristi, should I shoot you an updated resume?
wink.png

Ang, you know what they about counting before hatch......... but congrats anyway!!!!!

Yowwwch!! Epsom salt soaks should help combat that infection. One of our porch cats has been battling an infected leg from a bite. Two trips to the vet, two overnights there and several rounds of antibiotics, and its still weeping slightly. Vet said she would take a dog bite over a cat bite any day, cat bites are much trickier. Hope Steve heals up quick!

Kristi, should I shoot you an updated resume?
wink.png

Ang, you know what they about counting before hatch......... but congrats anyway!!!!!

That's exactly why I set so many lol. I am hoping for 3-5 if I end up with a lot more, I will probably sell some of them. Either way, its exciting!!

BBP: I am thinking so too! And at least 2 of the 4 BBS English Orp eggs under Harriet were ones that looked possibly clear.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's
frow.gif

We've had a very busy couple of weeks around here although I've been able to pop in a few times I was still a good couple hundred posts behind
th.gif
We had some dear friends over for dinner yesterday. They brought beer they had made and a delicious spinach salad. I made beer can chicken on the grill, fresh baked bread with honey butter and ho-made vanilla ice cream with fresh picked strawberries from a local farmer. Great time was had by all, but we are dragging today, so I decided to catch myself up with the happenings of the Cheeseheads.
Reading through this many posts in one sitting was much like getting the latest book in a favorite series, with the return of missed characters (not referring to personalities
hide.gif
) the introduction of new, the mystery of Jim's sweet little pup's disappearance, the joy of her return, then the very sad news of her passing . . . I must say the time it took me to read 200+ went by fast.

Kildare and Jim, good to know about the buckwheat, Rod is planning on planting that and some millet where we pastured the meaties last year. Would this be a crop that could be planted in the fall and have come up in the spring? We would like to do that with the garden that is being planted with vegies this year since that will be the pasture for next year's meaties.

Kristi sorry about the job, good to have time over the summer with the kids, but what they did at your work really sucks.

Well I know there was more I wanted to post . . . should have made notes.

I'm finally able to say I'm a cheesehead chicken owner! We finished our coop and had the city inspection this week. I'm so excited to have the girls out of the house and in their new home!

Here's a pic of my sweet Sabine, a salmon Favorelle, checking out the nesting boxes

I am also looking for a home for three 8 week old cockerels that came from Delisha. All three are English orps, a cuckoo, a gold laced and a project (creamy and gold). I'll try to attach pics to another post.

good afternoon,,
I went down to look at the garden, about an hour ago.. I don't know what I expected to see.. I wanted to make sure the straw stayed put,, It was so windy as I was spreading it, I was afraid it would all end up at the far end of the potato patch.. anyhow all was well.. and then it began to rain.. by the time I got up to the house I was drenched.. It was a nice warm rain and no wind.. I changed clothes and came down here to read and stay caught up..

IDK about planting buckwheat in the fall.. I would imagine it would work, if it didn't start to grow before the ground froze.. ? someone else had better field that question..
I am going to plant my millet as soon as it quits raining for a day.. I am going to till only about 2 inches deep and then plant the millet.. then I will till about an inch deep over the seeds to bury them a bit.. I would like to pack the soil on top of them, but I don't have a lawn roller or cultipacker ..

maybe bro Dave has a roller.. or access to one..

no more guineas hatched from this batch,, one died, so we are at 32 out of 48.. 66% ??

no pips on the duck eggs yet,, they are due tomorrow.. too soon to become concerned ..

.........jiminwisc........

Back
Top Bottom