Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

good morning,

I am about to head out to Marathon for a cuppa.

I check in here several times a day,, often to find that I was the last to post,,
no future in answering my own posts ..

going to go sub bowl today,,

then have to finish trimming the outside of that door I installed Friday. got the inside trim done..
have to extend the outside of the jamb 5 inches ..

I think Frankie killed a couple of the small guineas.. not sure, but I gave her reprimand anyhow, just in case ..

I think she got bored, and there they were ..

.........jiminwisc..........

Hey y'all, been a while again. Our young bunch have started crowing. Egg production is super low. We get maybe two eggs a day from our bunch of 6 big girls, the silkie is broody and these lots of feather loss. I'm guessing molting?

is this gray puff ball a roo? Haven't seen this one crow yet.

the right one is a boy, is a left/ closer one a girl?

good morning,

I am about to head out to Marathon for a cuppa.

I check in here several times a day,, often to find that I was the last to post,,
no future in answering my own posts ..

going to go sub bowl today,,

then have to finish trimming the outside of that door I installed Friday. got the inside trim done..
have to extend the outside of the jamb 5 inches ..

I think Frankie killed a couple of the small guineas.. not sure, but I gave her reprimand anyhow, just in case ..

I think she got bored, and there they were ..

.........jiminwisc..........
Good morning!

Enjoy your cuppa and bowling today!

How thick are the walls on the building you are replacing the door on? Must be pretty thick to have to extend the jamb 5 inches (or am I interpreting your description incorrectly).

We had frost yesterday - glad I got the tomatoes picked. I still have to process them and let some ripen.

We had to rebuild the door to the outside entry to the basement, yesterday. Actually, the door was in good shape but the wall and door frame were just about gone. It was hanging on by 1 1/2 hinge. It was put together from bits and pieces and created a snow trap that managed to rot out the sill board that it was sitting on. It was so rotten, we swept up what remained and put it into a 5-gallon bucket - yah that bad!
A couple of siding boards and a little paint and it will hold up well enough until we can rebuild the thing completely. At least the door locks solidly and securely.

I dont know what the prob is but I hope it works to reply down here instead of the button---I hate when buttons dont "push!"

Erin that looks like you are correct in the second pick. THe gray puff ball might be a female...it is hard to tell in that pick--what breed? I was looking for the pointy sickly and saddle feathers on the gray that you can plainly see on the red roo on the fence. The feathers still look pretty round to me...depends on age too...some are a mystery until they lay an egg it seems!

Does anyone know what predator catches a chicken and leaves the wings still attached to the back? I had two birds lost last week to this type and I cant remember what might do that. the rest of the bird was totally gone, just a pair of wings laying there...of course it was two birds I didnt want to lose!

The bear and Kraut sounds delish BigZ--I bet it was! I just popped one of my chickens in the slow cooker for tonight...not sure what I will turn it into yet...maybe just some soup...I am in a soup mood--gee I wonder why? All this talk about SNOW is the culprit I believe! None here yet...and the garden is still OK--I was out yesterday to check the status of the Hubbards. They are only about the size of a football! I guess I wont have and 50# this year...

CLeaned up some of the yard yesterday...the sunshine was nice. Drained the pond and pulled the pumps, cleaned out the tortoise garden...found a very disturbing site...my little male was DEAD! He was dine last week when I gave them squash blossoms...he had moved across the garden and was already partially decayed with his eyes gone and just a skull! It just about made me sick to see him like that! ***? The female was within 6" of him and she is fine! Weird stuff going on around here....

OK--I have to head to work, Have a great day everyone!

TerriOreallygladshedoesnthavebobcatsandcougarstoworryabouthere.....

That trail cam picture looks like a housecat to me. How tall is that grass and what is the diameter of the tree behind it? It's pretty hard to guess scale in those trailcam pics.

good morning, again,

back from the cafe,, all coffee'd up..
CherMoz , the house is brick.. the walls are 10 inches thick..(+/-)..
there was nothing wrong with the old door , other than it was wooden..
somebody replaced all of the interior doors in this house.. NONE of them work,, they are either rubbing when they close, or won't even latch .. the trim was all replaced also,, and what an unsightly mess that is .. all of the windows are painted shut .. you could see daylight underneath the sliding patio door.. and the roof leaked.. that was a matter of just plain bad flashing..
none of the wiring has grounded receptacles.
at least the floors don't squeak ..

Back
Top Bottom