Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Hi All!

The Guinea brought the kids back in the coop in the temp area I made for them. Didn't see how many were there, mom was on them.

Nothing new.... night all!

SClark what breed?

And does anyone know how much it costs and what (if any requirements) there are to ship a full size chicken? I have several people wanting me to ship one of my cockerels but seems like it would cost a lot?
I'm looking for anything really uncommon to hatch. I would like to get some BLRW Bantam eggs if I can find them.

From what I'm seeing it will cost around $75 give or take to ship a live chicken Judy.

I'm not looking for Foley line BLRW I have more cockerels coming thank God. Just taking a little time and I'm getting hopefully 2 to be sure this time.

I saw these chickens in a cage next to a pickup at the Portage show and wondered what they were. EagleEye
Looks just like the Partridge Cochin's we raised last year. I take that back, I was looking on my phone when I posted and now on my laptop. They are a mix of some type I think as a Cochin has a single comb and these have rose combs.

Last edited:
I hate to say it, but I was hoping for snow to knock back the skeeters some. Maybe this cold weather will do it for me. I got a skeeter bite on my eyelid! the only place I didn't slather myself with Deep Woods Off.
back in WY, I killed every mosquito I saw. In 7 years, I counted a total of 8 mosquitos.

I hate to say it, but I was hoping for snow to knock back the skeeters some.  Maybe this cold weather will do it for me.  I got a skeeter bite on my eyelid!  the only place I didn't slather myself with Deep Woods Off.
back in WY, I killed every mosquito I saw.  In 7 years, I counted a total of 8 mosquitos.

Welcome to Wisconsin, the state of constant change. Lol

Morning all. Got about an inch of snow on the cars here. Still blowing icy wind too making it dreadful to go and do chores. But at least it stopped raining/snowing! Getting to sink deep in the mud from all this rain and too cold to go with it.

SO went out to check on pheasies last night and found himself about 30' away from a black bear! He was all excited telling me he hadn't even seen one for at least 10 years. Told him it's not a good start to see them now and this close too. Luckily with a few slug shots he took off. No wonder we haven't seen the kitty come back these last few days...

All is good though, everybody fine, out and enjoying playing in the mud. Found out that dum dum (that's what I started calling the brats dog) is hesitant to go out in the snow and literally terrified of gun shots and his own shadow. Lol. Wouldn't have expected that from a beagle/boxer mix.

Well, hope everyone has a good and decent Saturday with no more rain or other nasty surprises. Outta here...

Well my Ebay buying egg experience is already starting out disappointing. Get contacted by seller they don't even have the eggs yet will take a week or so to get one of the 2 auctions I won. Guess I don't understand why they even start an auction if they don't have what they are selling on hand. Just dumb.

Well my Ebay buying egg experience is already starting out disappointing. Get contacted by seller they don't even have the eggs yet will take a week or so to get one of the 2 auctions I won. Guess I don't understand why they even start an auction if they don't have what they are selling on hand. Just dumb.

I've heard too many ebay hatching egg horror stories. I will never buy eggs off of ebay.

Back
Top Bottom