Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

He is ok ne of her Blue Orpington. And beautiful. I am guessing still young. 6 months? They are one of my favorite breeds. Del has nice imported English :) he is not crowing because the large breeds take much longer to mature. I say boy because I can see saddle feathers that look long and pointy.

We grok med the horses yesterday. Kiddos decided Brownie needed a mohawk :)
I am impressed with how well Thunder is learning. One more week to improve the lu ge. Then Sydney will give it a go. Then I will attempt side stepping.

good morning,

I am about to head out to Marathon for a cuppa.

I check in here several times a day,, often to find that I was the last to post,,
no future in answering my own posts ..

going to go sub bowl today,,

then have to finish trimming the outside of that door I installed Friday. got the inside trim done..
have to extend the outside of the jamb 5 inches ..

I think Frankie killed a couple of the small guineas.. not sure, but I gave her reprimand anyhow, just in case ..

I think she got bored, and there they were ..

.........jiminwisc..........
It just dawned on me, do you own a coffee pot?

Thanks cuties and terri. We have four gray ones, two that I'm 99% sure are girls and probably two boys. We have ended up with quite a few roos that we need to relocate or otherwise, but I'm trying to convince my mom to keep the prettiest roo or two :)

Windy Afternoon Here....no falling out of stand, or smelling up the woods today for me.

This is a great thread going for years....I hope it continues for many more!

The pile of wood is still huge...I'm gonna nickel dime it till it's all cut and piled...I love burning wood and swinging my saw. It just seems to be the right way to heat my house. When I can no longer make wood, I'll hire the work done. The heat is supreme to any other.

bigz

Not chicken related at all, but everytime I go to parent teacher conferences I come home feeling terrible. My daughter is not doing well in school. She is in third grade and tested at a first grade level for reading. Like beginning of the year first grade. Like just finished kindergarten! She also can't round numbers. I show her how, she does it repeatedly and then just suddenly can't do it! Like she has no idea what she's been doing for the last half hour. I'm really against putting kids on medication, but I think she needs it. I wanted to hold her back in kindergarten and I should have, but apparently she'd still be behind her classmates if I had done that. It's so frustrating. Her brother is one of the smartest kids in his class. He tests a full 2 grades ahead in math and above grade level in reading. I just don't know what to do for her. I don't think the school believes that I've been trying to help her at home.

Aw bbp, sorry for your daughters hard time. My sis homeschools. Her one step daughter has a very hard time. If she were I public school she would likely be left behind.
Sis has discovered the only way her stepdaughter learns well is to play a game so the pressure is off.
Good luck.

How frustrating, bbp. My daughter is also behind in reading and math (2nd grade). She's slowly catching up with additional help in school, they have small groups of kids that study with another teacher for help in different subjects. When she's home, she likes to play school with her younger brother and I have educational apps on the ipad (abc mouse, story apps). I don't know if the apps help, but she seems to enjoy that better than me nagging! I could never be a teacher, honestly!

Back
Top Bottom