Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Just call her kitty, they all come to that name. Don't act like you don't like her Jim. You took the time to post 2 pictures of her (out of how many total that you've ever posted?). That's love
smile.png
you've got a new furry friend.
love.gif
awwww, I don't think so...

Also wanted to add, I put the shipped eggs in the bator yesterday. they arrived on Friday. Tonight I went to check them and one had already seeped out everywhere and looked close to exploding. Thankfully it hadn't and didn't get any fluids on the other eggs. Now anytime I've dealt with seeping its been with eggs I bought locally or from a friend when they sat out for some time and they didn't know how long. I've only had them seep after at least a week in the bator, not within about 26 hours. Can anything chime in on this? I'm thinking I got old eggs and pretty much got ripped off. I'm not going to make a big stink about it as I'll just not buy from them again.
Seeping is from temps. Eggs that get too hot or too cold too fast. Did you let them set out for 12 hours? Did you check air cells?

Me too :( I knew she wouldn't last long without a stronger antibiotic, but I wasn't expecting it last night.
Sorry..

Seeping is from temps. Eggs that get too hot or too cold too fast. Did you let them set out for 12 hours? Did you check air cells?

Sorry..

They were left sittng for 26 hours before I put them in bator and yes I candled all of them. All Ameracauna were detached, one of those seeped. The seller was pretty rude to me last night when I emailed the problems. Besides the auction was for true blue pure eggs, 2 were OE and 5 were green. She ignored my alert about misrepresenting her auction. I'll never buy that way again. All eggs were very porous but she said since none were broke it wasn't her proble . I will be leaving neg. Feedback for the transaction as I didn't even get the White Faced Black Spanish I had wanted to begin with.

Selfish request here...friends that are also on facebook...can you go to the post I had from the NG library and vote for some of Morgan's posters...Frankenstein, three pumpkins and witch are in the lead...you can vote for up to three posters... I appreciate it. They will make it into a real poster if she wins.

Thanks
Done

love.gif
awwww, I don't think so...
LOL cute!

What a glorious day for weather here today, eh! It just could not have been a more perfect Fall day.

Worked on the wood pile, and did some bow hunting this afternoon. I'd love another month of weather like this.

Nice pics of the birds and building projects...thanks for sharing them.

Days are shorter and the egg numbers have dropped off dramatically....I'm good with 15 doz in the fridge for now. No pullets this year to pull me through with eggs. I'll be running the bator this Spring for sure.

Peace... bigz

Back
Top Bottom