Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Does anyone know where I can get an Anatolian puppy?
we used to have an Anatolian female, she died a few years ago at the ripe old age of 16 ..

there used to be a breeder near Wausau,, IDK if they are still around or not.. It has been over 20 years since I was at their place.. as a matter of fact, I forgot how to get there anymore..

I have Maremma puppies,, 4 weeks old on Christmas...
they are almost identical to the Anatolian..

that is one of our puppies in my avatar.. it is from the batch from a couple of years ago..

.........jiminwisc.........

we used to have an Anatolian female,  she died a few years ago at the ripe old age of 16 ..

there used to be a breeder near Wausau,,  IDK if they are still around or not..  It has been over 20 years since I was at their place..  as a matter of fact, I forgot how to get there anymore..

I have Maremma puppies,,  4 weeks old on Christmas...
they are almost identical to the Anatolian..

that is one of our puppies in my avatar..  it is from the  batch from a couple of years ago..

.........jiminwisc.........
I Googled anatolian breeders in Wisconsin and didn't come up with anything in wisconsin.

this is pur proud daddy,, he thinks having his picture taken is punishment..

another picture of our mother dog..

as always, you can click on the picture to enlarge it..

Does anyone know where I can get an Anatolian puppy?

Kangal Dogs at Shadow Wings Farm in Georgia.

http://www.shadowwingsfarm.com

Great dogs, conscientious and ethical breeder. You can see my boy in the LGD thread. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/305933/official-lgd-owners-thread/110#post_14366783

Have to say, though, that my experience so far coincides with what folks say: they are NOT obedience type dogs, and they are slow to mature. At 9 months, our guy is 110 lbs of over exuberance and willfulness! But, man, do I see the potential in him when he does mature. If you are looking for a working dog now, you might do better to look for a rescue that is at least 2 years old. If that is the way you decide to go, sometimes our breeder has one, because she will take back her dogs that don't work out with their new family. Contact her and start a dialogue, perhaps.

Last edited:
mid morning
frow.gif
- cloudy here, was raining a bit earlier.

today we are hosting my side of the family for Christmas- 10 people confirmed with a possibility of up to 5 more joining us.

have everything on the stove or in the stove slowly getting ready.

set eggs due to hatch Jan 12th so we are behind this year, guess we'll see what we end up with. Of course DS's modern games have yet to start laying eggs so he might not have anything to work with this year
idunno.gif

If you are interested, ours are laying like crazy! If you get to the area, stop by abd grab some :)

Got a lot of the barn cleaned on this warm wet day. I am very happy it is not cold. But the mud sure made it hard for me to push the wheel barrow for sure! But I think the chickens in the big coop really appreciate it.

Welcome Ki and jay! Wenlove talking ofnour lgd here :)
are you looking for your dog to be lgd? Or just love the breed?

Cuties, those are some cute kittens! Did you end up with one of each or two of a kind?
wink.png

Ugh, they put the chlorine in the water either last night or this morning........ I really hate city water........ you can smell that junk for days.

Nothing really happening here. No snow, just rain.

:D

Back
Top Bottom