Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Celtic Chick - thank you, good to know...Farm & Fleet is one of the only suppliers in my area but i figured it wasn't the best way to get chicks so that's why I'm branching out and looking for other sources. I did notice their chick lists had a lot of "mutts" that I had to google. Do you think it's an okay place to get something like Buff Orpingtons or Barred Rock from? I've been unsuccessful so far, since they sell out in minutes upon delivery.

kristi I'm probably two hours southeast of you (we love New Glarus). I'd love to know what chicks you have later and I'll see what I've gotten my hands on in the meantime. We were actually hoping to be up in the Madison area in early May.

If I could, I'd love to find Welsummer pullets. I don't have my heart set on it for this first year, but I'm hoping to find one or two some time.

Last edited:
Stopping by to say hi from Greenleaf, born and bred in De Pere. Just started a small flock in October. 1 husband, 8 kids with 2 still in home, 1 dog, 2 cats, and 5 chicken.

avocado, if you can get pullets, I'd say go for it. But if they are straight run, don't waste your time because they will mostly be roosters. Do you have any feed stores in your area? What Wisconnie towns are you closest to? Someone might be able to help you out on here.

welcome-byc.gif
and to the Cheesehead thread MamaHubbard! Glad you joined us. Maybe you know Amyable? She is from your neck of the woods, I think?

Celtic, Yes I do know Amyable!
smile.png
A mutual friend introduced us back when I got my chickens. It's nice to be able to talk chicken locally lol.

Hi All!

Yes, if we come to the bash I would bring the machine. The tanks (even the big one) only last a few hours and coast to fill again. The machine makes it for a little electric.

Can't think of anything interesting.

Night All!

Back
Top Bottom