Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Yesterday was Tylers 17th birthday and we spent the day shooting. At his work they cleaned out the outdated soda and he brought it all home. Also bought a brick of Tanerite and were knocking down whats left of the pines I didn't want on the east side of my house. He said it was the best birthday ever.

My kids love when they can go shooting. Looks like he had quite a bit to shoot off.

evenin'.

the new chickens made it through their first night and day here just fine,
the were in and out of the coop all day, and tonight they all went in.
some of them are laying,, we got 8 eggs today..

I have to put shavings in the rest of the nests. out of 9 nests, they used 5 of them,, I had shavings in only 4 of the nests.

the poor rooster didn't know what to make of all the cackling going on this morning,, so he just joined in.
with 18 girl friends he is one happy guy..

If he would die tomorrow, It would take me 3 days to wipe the smile off his face .

......jiminwisc........

Nothing new here today. Sounds like you had a fun day shootin it up Stacy. I've been itching to get out there and empty a few mags that should be cycled too. I hate to chase the deer and turkeys away right now, but when Spring breaks I'll be doing that for sure.

bigz

Nothing new here today. Sounds like you had a fun day shootin it up Stacy. I've been itching to get out there and empty a few mags that should be cycled too. I hate to chase the deer and turkeys away right now, but when Spring breaks I'll be doing that for sure.

bigz
I just had to cringe at all the money those boys shot off in such a short time. But we all did have fun so that's all that matters right! :)

So excited. I reconnected with an old friend and she runs a foundation that helps disabled kids and adults. My 10 yr old son has CP and she has him signed up for a turkey hunt in April. He and his dad will be gone for 3 days. I really hope he has a great time and I can't wait to mount that tail and beard!!!!

Hi All!

I'm hoping my son can take me out to shoot sometime this spring. I need the practice, it's been years since I shot and I haven't even shot the .22 he left for me.

Night All!

Well after a year of no chickens, living in one room with two dogs and cats.
Losing my beloved mare September of 2014. Rescuing 4 mares a week later,
and now working at a barn and am the live in resident manager.
Kristi P helped me with three hens and Twain gave me another. I am so very happy.
Small coop but got chickens again.
There is another swap in Jefferson this weekend.
Also Kristi P is looking for silver duck wing OEGB hens or hatching eggs.

Noonish to all. Nice to hear from you again WCC and also good to hear that you have chickens again. I watched Twain do a seminar at UW Madison on the pbs channel about a month ago. Glad folks could help you out.

I have quite a pile of tail fans and beards laying here just waiting to be mounted. The best part of the bird though, is the meat that always gets attention here....nothing is wasted from the birds I harvest. If your son is set up with a mentor in the learn to hunt program, then they usually have some good spots for the youth to hunt. Hope he bags one dae, and he will be hooked for life.....it's a ton of fun, no matter how many times you are successful.

bigz

Thanks Cher and Bigz. He is supposed to have 2 guides to help set the hunt up for success. I am so hoping that is goes well. I want him to be interested in getting out of the house once in a while and they have all the equipment for him. I am very excited for him!

Back
Top Bottom