Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Angiebubs.... do you have standard Cochins? What colors? Any young ones you might be selling? Are you going to the bash and then could someone train some down to me pending earlier questions???? I never can make the bash as we are in the midst of soccer/softball/baseball season and our lives are in chaos... anyway... we had one cochin hatch of a dozen eggs I got from a gal and it looks like a gorgeous splash or blue rooster...now 5/6 weeks old...would love to find him some girls as he is friendly...

thanks

kristip-the only birds I have set up for breeding are my Faverolles (only have Lav Orp roo and Favs roos) However @BlackBrookPoultry might have cochins available?

Quote:
Hi neighbor,
I have 10 production black laying hens. I use the term laying loosely because they are not laying so great.
then I have one pretty rooster, and I always forget what Brian told me it was when he dumped it on me.
I have a pair of cross breen gray geese.
6 guineas, of which only one is a hen.
5 barred rock baby pullets and 7 baby buff orpington pullets.. all less than a month old.

I will be getting 100 Cornish X Rock pullets later in the spring or early summer. these will all be butchered at about 12 to 16 weeks old.

Today I got my lawn mower running. I bought a new V belt and rethreaded it differently than what it was. the blades turn just fine as it is now, and I got half the lawn mowed.
I tried to adjust the transmission, but there was no adjustment left at the rear of the machine. and I didn't want to open up the front of the machine , so I will run it as is unless I have trouble with it going forward.

.......jiminwisc.........

All the potatoes are in now - Riley tried to play keep away with a few along the way. I'm taking a break to help my daughter look for a wedding dress this weekend. FUN FOR MAMA!! Back to the grind next week. Play nice while I'm gone!

Happy Mother's Day!!
celebrate.gif

Nice day out there today wasn't it! Check out the link to the bash thread on my siggy wegarden.
Hope you are feeling better Cind and hope you can make the bash.

I gave the gardens a once over with the tiller. it needs to dry out some more before I can do any planting. Congrats on getting your spuds all in Irish.

maybe some grass cutting tomorrow.....I might get lucky and have a dead battery!

bigz

Nice day out there today wasn't it! Check out the link to the bash thread on my siggy wegarden.
Hope you are feeling better Cind and hope you can make the bash.

I gave the gardens a once over with the tiller. it needs to dry out some more before I can do any planting. Congrats on getting your spuds all in Irish.

maybe some grass cutting tomorrow.....I might get lucky and have a dead battery!

bigz

Thanks, BigZ. Need any seed potatoes? I'll be back home on Monday.

Feel better soon, Cind!

Hi All!

Thanks for the well wishes! I was at the ER because I was sick and got dehydrated, they gave me an IV with stuff for queasiness. Well, don't know if it's related, but my left leg swelled up now from around the knee down.
barnie.gif
I have too much sh!t to do for this cr@p!

Night All...
hmm.png

good morning,
I finally have all my projects under control. I just hope it lasts.

I have a crew sort of lined up to pick up down and dead branches.. My black walnuts never fail to drop a truck load each winter. and they say willows are messy !!

I mowed the front lawn right after fixing the lawn mower.
then I took a break, and just before supper I went back out and mowed under the "park" pines.

.the picture was supposed to be here,
to the left is the hay field, to the right of these trees is my black walnut grove.
I have a picture taken from the road of this, I will send it when I find it..

..........jiminwisc..........

good morning,
I finally have all my projects under control. I just hope it lasts.

I have a crew sort of lined up to pick up down and dead branches.. My black walnuts never fail to drop a truck load each winter. and they say willows are messy !!

I mowed the front lawn right after fixing the lawn mower.
then I took a break, and just before supper I went back out and mowed under the "park" pines.

.the picture was supposed to be here,
to the left is the hay field, to the right of these trees is my black walnut grove.
I have a picture taken from the road of this, I will send it when I find it..

..........jiminwisc..........

Nice drive!

Did testing yesterday for two people then came home and did mine so I could send all paperwork in together. Wanted to get done before today as its pretty hot out already.

Back
Top Bottom