Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Nice Summer afternoon to all of you. Nice to see you stop by Connie....my daughter just received here notice to go and fight the wildfires in California for 2 weeks...prolly will make 5k in two weeks time...plus free meals and provided good tenting situations. I always pray she stays safe of course.

Picked a 5 gallon pail of cranberry beans today...they are the shelling soup beans that make the best bean soup possible....always lots of ham or bacon added, as well as stewed tomatoes.

bigz

That is a lot of work, your place is looking very nice, Jim. Good thing to give that chair the occasional workout too...
Couple more yards of dirt moved and new beds planted. Beans flowering, beets swelling and I am enjoying munching on fall spinach as I work out there.

Last edited:
That is a lot of work, your place is looking very nice, Jim. Good thing to give that chair the occasional workout too...
Couple more yards of dirt moved and new beds planted. Beans flowering, beets swelling and I am enjoying munching on fall spinach as I work out there.

Yes GG, that was a lot of work. someday I will be all caught up with these special projects.
Annie really looked at me strangely when I told her what I was going to do.
what makes these trees special, is that we planted all of them. when I built this house, it was just a cow pasture.
all sorts of willow type brush and weeds..

I remember mowing between the rows of trees and pulling the tall grass off of the seedlings so that they wouldn't die.
I accidentally clipped a few small trees off with the lawn mower, too..

Brent, if you keep eating all of that good stuff, like you do, you're going to swell up like a woodtick and explode .
lau.gif

I just made an ice cream cone for my dessert.
cone in one hand and a fly swatter in the other.

our good neighbor Dan, brought us 4 huge red onions.
his son was with him and they picked about the last of the blackberries. I gave them all the raspberry seeds from 20 pounds of juiced berries. Dave (Dan's son) broadcast spread them in a sunny spot on Dan's farm. If they sprout, there will be millions of plants.. LOL.. IDK how Dan felt about that.. Annie told Dave to come back and dig up a bunch of plants before winter.
Dan is going to borrow my 3pt drag to get a plot ready for the plants..

tomorrow I am going to use the drag to work up the ground on the road side of the trees. there is a hump all along there that I cannot go over with the lawn mower.

GG bring the boys over and let them dig some berry plants. (black berry and raspberry) I have two white chairs for us to sit on and supervise ...

.....jiminwiscakaFrenchie.........

Last edited:
Just finished cleaning up our canning mess the rest of the way. Gotta burn garbage and do a few odds and ends before I can get my arse to bed. Took this Friday off to give myself a 4 day weekend. Hopefully the weather is good. We have the family coming up from the Oshkosh area for the whole weekend so I'm sure regardless of weather it'll be a good time. I can't wait for a few years when we hopefully move down that way.

Just finished cleaning up our canning mess the rest of the way. Gotta burn garbage and do a few odds and ends before I can get my arse to bed. Took this Friday off to give myself a 4 day weekend. Hopefully the weather is good. We have the family coming up from the Oshkosh area for the whole weekend so I'm sure regardless of weather it'll be a good time. I can't wait for a few years when we hopefully move down that way.

good morning,
all showered and shaved.
at 1PM today is our first day of bowling for this year.
Old farts league.
One of them had to give it up.. he is 96 ..

I think I will go out for breakfast today.

got the 3rd 5 gallons of wine started. raspberry this time.
have enough raspberries for one more batch.
then two or three more batches of blackberry and then just sit back and wait ..

my big project this week is to measure the eaves for new soffits and fascia . have to get it ordered by the end of the month to get the special offer.

our family get-togethers are always fun, too. .

..........jiminwisc.......

Crazy weekend. Drove up to Shakopee MN for the Renaissance festival so my friend could buy a sword, then to Minnesota's largest candy store which is a hoot but I didn't buy much (doctor's orders).

On the way home we stopped at Minnesota zoo to see the amur leopards (almost extinct, world's northernmost leopards from Russia) and hiked a bit at Trempeleau national wildlife preserve.

Lots of time in the car, stops for lots of small adventures. Good times.

Decided to make one last batch of HOT salsa today. Still getting beans like crazy. Still have lots of tomatoes. Gotta find some good sweetcorn for freezing yet. I have picked around 180 shiitake mushrooms in the last 4 days. Most are 6-8 inches across. I will not be running out of them this year!!

Oh come on mophead, they are smarter than you think, just a little blind...they kinda taste like chicken.

My daughter is already in Oregon and driving to the fire from there. I was wrong stating she would prolly make 5k for 2 weeks....it's closer to 7k for 2 weeks. it's worth the time and lifetime memories for those that fight.

bigz

Got a few beef and a whole mess of piggies to send off to their eternal slumber before k can go to bed. I hate being tired but sure like the extra money of a second job. Especially in fall when it gets busy and I work 3 or 4 days a week extra

Back
Top Bottom