Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

good morning,

I got the hilling discs mounted, and now they are predicting thunder and rain tonight. I hope it skips past us.
any moisture on the garden will set me back from hilling.

I really want to get my potatoes and peas in soon.

.......jiminwisc........

Hello everyone.....It must be my anual stop over..lol

It is testing time again...With such a huge reduction in my flock, it takes only a few minute to test now. I only have George and Martha that are old now. I hope everyone is doing well and being sassy as ever!

Happy Birthdays, Happy Annivarsarys, Merry Christmas, and all the things I miss...

Vicki

Fish Fry Friday to all... thanks for the stop by delish, and hope you can stop by Camp for the bash...it's always good to see you!

Busy time here...did the dreaded cutting of the grass...managed to bale two large bags that the produce is delivered in....the hens love to find their favorite morsels in the dead of winter, and trust me , my lawn is a variety of treats...plenty of dandy heads for starters.

Gonna be baked cod with Cajun fries and fresh shrimp....suzie made ham roll ups for the teaser...mabe bring some of those to the bash....they are worth a try.

Hope you land your land bl4....nothing like a little bit of paradise to call your own...

bigz

frow.gif
Vicki! Glad to see you stop in.

Brent, DH cut the grass right before this last stretch of rain and it needs it again badly. I agree it is a terrible waste of time, especially in this state where beautiful days are too few in a year.

How is Suzie doing?

Good luck Mel. I hope your counter offer is well received.

Not much new here. Glad to finally see the sun.

good morning,
It did rain a bit last night, not a lot, though, things should dry up quickly if it gets a little breezy.

I have to call my potato guy . I think he forgot that I ordered 50 pounds of seed.

I have to get to a store and buy some inoculate for the peas and beans.. I have never used it before, and I have always had great
beans. come to think of it, I have to buy some bean seeds and corn, too..

I am thinking I am going to plant my beets far apart in the row.
then I can hoe between them instead of getting on my knees to weed them, One year all the beets didn't come up and they were spaced far apart by accident. I had some huge ones that year..

I am going to pick up a bunch of new strawberry plants from DD Barby today. Gretchen, I didn't forget you.
they might be a tangled mess, but I tore mine apart and trimmed them with a pair of scissors. they are doing great in their new pots until I prepare someplace to plant them..

.......jiminwisc........

I picked up my ladies yesterday and so far, they've been doing great and making themselves at home. This is my first flock. I'm starting out with three Rhode Island Reds and three Plymouth Barred Rocks. I was hoping for Buff Orpingtons initially, but my local supplier only had young hens that were a few months old, no chicks. These are just starting to feather out and they're beautiful colors and super friendly. I'm excited to watch them grow!

If you are using the separate pen option inside the main coop for introducing the little ones...don't just eliminate their dog pen.....figure a way for the little ones to enter the main coop, but escape when needed back to the pen....make the opening large enough for them, but to small for the older birds to make it inside their safe area. The older hens will become adjusted to the newbies on their home turf before long. Just increase the size of the opening as the little ones grow. Easy does it works best.

Back
Top Bottom