Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Another batch of sauce in the books. 39 quarts and one pint made so far. 49 pints of pickles. Gave away a ton of tomatoes and a picking of cukes today. I get to sit back and relax for a bit. Except I need to pick beans. And I could get started on the pickled beets. Is anyone having any sort of luck with green peppers this year? Mine are pathetic.

I could give a report on my peppers if I could find them in all the weeds.
for a long time after planting them, they did not grow, so I gave up on them early on.

I was watching the Packers play, up to now.
It looks like they need a miracle to win this one.

the puppy made it to Dubuque. the new family emailed me to say how glad they are to get this puppy..

we called her Pinky because of her pink nose and foot pads. just like her mother.
I hope her new family doesn't call her Pinky.

.....jiminwisc.....

good morning,
wet here, too. good for the new concrete slab.
someone was supposed to be here at 8 AM to check out the puppies.
the most exuberant people are the least likely to show..

I have been bouncing around the forums lately. why do some people ask for advice, and then argue about it when you respond ?
idiots !!
It amazes me how they can have so few chickens and so many maladies .
I have raised thousands of chickens and have never had an "impacted crop".
or "egg bound" . or "discolored poo".
who has the time to run behind a chicken and check the poo ??
then there is the woman who says that dogs are no deterrent to hawks or foxes etc.
and she has a chihuahua.
I think I need a cuppa.. LOL

.......jiminwisc.......

Aren't Chihuahua's a treat for hawks? Our neighbor in Wyoming had three little King Charles Spaniels. She had a golden eagle swoop over the yard regularly when the dogs were outside.
I like bigger dogs. My smallest is 55 pounds.

the 8 o'clock appointment showed up at 2..
she brought her 3 kids along. it took the better part of an hour for them to settle on which puppy to buy.
they bought the biggest male.
I was so glad they took a male, I gave her a break on the price.

we are down to 3 males and 2 females..

it sounds like a thunder storm moving in or around us.

........jiminwisc.......

Aren't Chihuahua's a treat for hawks? Our neighbor in Wyoming had three little King Charles Spaniels. She had a golden eagle swoop over the yard regularly when the dogs were outside.
I like bigger dogs. My smallest is 55 pounds.

This is hilarious because we have a Chihuahua that HATES my husband (the feeling is mutual). Not 2 hours ago he was teasing my daughter today calling the Chi ES-Eagle supper.

IDK, would a chihuahua taste hot and spicy?

I guess I will be shampooing a carpet today.

I was thinking of pouring more cement.
but around here we don't go according to my priorities .

mercifully the chicken with the "impacted crop" died before she could doctor it.

once you are into a thread, how do you get out of it so you don't get any more notifications ?

.........jiminwisc........

IDK, would a chihuahua taste hot and spicy?

I guess I will be shampooing a carpet today.

I was thinking of pouring more cement.
but around here we don't go according to my priorities .

mercifully the chicken with the "impacted crop" died before she could doctor it.

once you are into a thread, how do you get out of it so you don't get any more notifications ?

.........jiminwisc........
one way is at the top of the posts page where you originally checked the "watch thread" you'll see "unwatch thread".

Morning Jim. Yep, the wet is messing up my outdoor chore plans again today too.

Back
Top Bottom