Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

No cement today,
I decided to fix the tire on the good wheelbarrow.
the tire is so dried out that it won't stick to the rim. I went to F&F to buy a tube for it.
asked the auto dept guy to get me a tube for a wheelbarrow. he asked me what size?
I said , I don't know off hand. he said , then I can't help you. I said , you sell them every day, don't you know what size they are ? then he gets childish one me, that's when I could have slapped him.
he said, well, is it a 4 inch rim ? an 8 inch rim ? I said . when was the last time you ever saw a 4 inch rim on a wheelbarrow ??
I think he noticed my patience running out.
He went and got me a tube. He said , this is the one we sell for wheelbarrows.
REALLY !!! now all of a sudden you can remember ?? ( didn't say that last sentence) but I thought it hard enough so that he could tell.

I think he had a mad on because he had to stock shelves today.. tough siht ..

one of the puppies has become a target for the bully pup. He just can't leave it alone.
I took the little guy out of the pen and gave it a shower. then I dried him off and then I went at him with the blow drier. he didn't like that anywhere from the neck to his nose. but he was OK for the rest of the body. he is sleeping wrapped in towels, now
looks so white and fluffy.

I am having network trouble from Verizon again today..
I hope this posts..

our corn is ready and looking super great.

the tomatoes are green.

beans need picking real badly.

OK...well it's the first time with the recipe and yep, we usually tweak things after we try it. We will be using some tonight on the lasagna. Didn't have enough garlic powder on hand, so we substituted fresh garlic instead....sample tastes are good, but tonight will be the real test....LOL!
Thunder here as I type...might be getting some rain here shortly.

bigz
I don't blame you for tweaking it. I am a garlic lover others not so much. My MIL always wanted a ton more basil but I think it tastes too much like black licorice then. I hate black licorice.

good afternoon,
our internet was out again today.
when Kalib came home he noticed the motem was unplugged. went to plug it back in and it was all chewed up. probably the puppy did it,
she was behind my chair where all the wires are.
He had a spare wire and we are back in business again,,,,and the puppy is out on the sun porch..

I ate an ear of corn for a test taste. it was great. nice size to the ears, too.
I foresee a canning day coming real soon.

I got the inner tube into the wheelbarrow tire. it took only a few minutes and now it is like new.
as long as I was at it, I lubed the axle and tightened a few bolts. there is no wobble in this wheelbarrow like the other one has.
I can also haul a bigger batch of concrete so the pouring will go much faster with 3 bag batches instead of 2 bags.

I don't mind shampooing carpets either.
we just had the shampooer in a few weeks ago for repairs. it wasn't sucking up the water.. it sucks, now. LOL

.......jiminwisc.....

good morning jim,
waiting for the washer repair guy to get here.
anytime between 8 and noon.
coffee is just about done.
I think there might be a stale donut to go with it..
.....jiminwisc.....

Good Morning Jim!
Sorry to hear about the internet cord, but you gotta love those puppies!

We really had a drencher of a rain yesterday afternoon. Haven't had time to check out the garden and see if anything is still growing out there besides the weeds. I got a good crop of weeds going. DH has plans to go fishing on Sat so that will give me some time to do chores around the place. I think I will pull the tall weeds out of the garden and run them through the mulcher (aka wood chipper). We have plenty of branches to run through at the same time so it should make a pretty good base for a compost pile.
the old compost will go on the garden area.

Good to hear everything is going good for all!
Wyo...what is the DH fishing for? That's important information you know?We only make gallons and half gallons of fridge pickles...they keep for years and are super crispy and easy peasy to make. We do half gallons of slicers and gallons of the wedges. Never could find a canning recipe for dills that produced crispy pickles.
Prolly put some of that corn on the grill Jim. That's my favorite way to make it, especially if it gets caramelized some.
Lawn needs mowed again...dang waste of precious time cutting that stuff.

bigz

I went to town with Annie this morning.
didn't get home til lunch time. Now I ate, I feel like a nap coming on.
I like corn any way we make it. boiled, grilled, nuked.

I really like the creamed style we make in the winter time with pork chops..

Back
Top Bottom