Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

don and I finally got the pen up for the baby chicks just before the storms 2 days ago. While sitting in the tent, I noticed Pixie was running around (my adult hen). I tried to put her in the pen with the babies but that was not so good. I had to move one of my cats in with other ones and use the cage for Pixie. The bottom of her coop/hut fell out. I will have to try to fix it tonite

well, we got tonight's storm early this morning.
about 3'' deep in the wheelbarrow. Radar looks like the rain clouds are breaking up.
sun is out. I went out and tied up a few tomato plants. I have to make some stakes for some right away.. then later on I will be making more stakes when the smaller ones get bigger.
. the cherry tomatoes are getting red.
I did not find where anybody asked about mink farms.. just about mink..
..jiminwaUSAu.......

This chick delivery has been a giant snafu....... they were not sent express, they did not indicate there were live birds in the box (because apparently air holes and chirping are not an indication of life)...... I have 30 meat chicks sitting in Milwaukee since 11:30 pm yesterday. They were sent priority mail from Portland OR on June 30th, so they do not have a delivery date until Monday.

I was told today (by a very snotty postal employee) that they are probably in a shipping container in Oak Creek (where they have been sitting since midnight), but there is no way to determine where a package is sent once it leaves the Milwaukee distribution center. How they cannot tell where a package is going is unbelievable to me.....

They might arrive tomorrow but I have little hope that they will be alive. I wanted to drive up to Milwaukee to get them, but without a destination I would be wasting my time. The current status states that the package will be delivered on time (Monday), and is on its way to the next facility.

I am very upset with this whole situation. The irresponsibility of the company shipping chicks during a holiday week, not sending the chicks express, not telling the USPS the box contained live animals, and that the jerks in Milwaukee would not help me find the chicks. I contacted the company I bought them from, they said we have not had any issues shipping priority mail since it is cheaper than express, and we will start the process to issue a refund. The money is not the point..... I expect better treatment of the animals.

If they arrive tomorrow I do not expect them to be alive....... certainly not on Monday.
I had the same issue back in April... it wasnt the hatchery. They did everything right. Damn USPS literally lost my 7 Buckeyes shipped from OH... it was direct distribution route. So leave Cleveland Monday arrive Tues/weds. Well I got them late Thurs morning... poor things. 6 were alive, barely. Spent 48 hours syringe feeding. Only 3 survived and I lost my cockerel. I filed a formal complaint, but that's the problem when its left to the government... no one to tell. Only they have the authority to fix themselves. Figure the odds. It was awful. I cant believe any lived, but they are 3 very special, spoiled girls😍.

I will say this only once, so pay your attention here: I go to Napa Valley California, for my wine. And I only go to Wisconsin for the cheese to go with it! ( makes for a very long day of travel)
:old
_
Washington state has amazing wines. Columbia valley, Yakima Valley and Walla walla areas have great soil, a lot of old volcanic ash, the grapes are amazing

Back
Top Bottom