Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

we live close to the Little Rib River. a couple hundred yards from it. Never had mink problems , but had a couple of weasels ..
maybe the bear ate the mink ?
today Annie ate our first ripe tomato. A tiny cherry tomato a little bigger than a marble.
more are turning red..

My grape tomatoes are starting turn red too. Won't be long till we can enjoy them by the handfuls. The real maters are looking good with all this warm humid weather.
The hens are still laying like crazy, and alot of folks are enjoying the free eggs that I share with them.

bigz

today I started a container of apple soft wood cuttings. None of the branches look too great.
The trees are just about on their ends of life.
more dead branches than live ones. but there are still apples on them. I can't complain. we have had over 40 years of disease free apples from these two trees that got planted from a pile of chicken scraps..
....jiminwaUSAu...

My grape tomatoes are starting turn red too. Won't be long till we can enjoy them by the handfuls. The real maters are looking good with all this warm humid weather.
The hens are still laying like crazy, and alot of folks are enjoying the free eggs that I share with them.

bigz
I have a TON of green cherry, roma and beef steak tomatoes. Can't wait!!

I moved the cherry tomato to a table just near the back door. Make it easier for Annie to get to it.
I have romas, beefsteaks and rutgers.

today I cut some elderberry shoots and got them into the container.. will know in about two weeks how it goes.. have some apple shoots in there also..
thinking of doing a batch of each in plain water..
I lucked out, the elderberry in the blackberry patch is right at the edge. so I don't have to mow the blackberries down to get to it.
...jiminwaUSAu.....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom