have the grape arbor started.
made a perfect cup of coffee.
and the weather is beautiful.
life is good.
,,,,jiminwaUSAu.......

good morning,
not much happening here.
this morning I go to the VA for labs.
this afternoon I want to get the post layout for the grape arbor.
I have to build an H-brace at each end.
I am going to use vinyl covered steel clothes line for the support wires. It should handle the tension I need. there will be support posts every six feet.
Last night I ordered 100 rhubarb seeds from Amazon. I will plant some right away onto the ground. some I will plant into pots late winter/early spring..

.......jiminwaUSAu........

035E168E-5AD5-443A-9577-488F4F507662.jpeg
84E54081-90E5-4AAA-9FB1-EEE54D4834E0.jpeg
10170392-787D-4742-990F-0CA5E6DD56AD.jpeg
12587DD6-A019-4559-AB0D-EDE8E6A02711.jpeg
C76C39A4-27C4-4460-A3AB-B375E790AC68.jpeg
76E800D0-45F5-40AF-A75D-F15E721121C9.jpeg
1A85D578-8CE5-4D4A-B60F-B3E82EDED12D.jpeg
CA0C53C4-E662-4499-BB8C-D64D64DB57B8.jpeg
97E24C20-E4BF-428C-A040-19C4C41B85C1.jpeg
95B88B28-2333-427C-A485-5881BEA06BB6.jpeg
I ran away this weekend.

I didn't run away this weekend. My todo list keeps growing. I just can't get at the grape arbor. flat tire on the lawn mower. lawn needs cutting every other day..
finally got the last four tomatoes staked. Lots of green tomatoes ..
have a bunch of new branches to pick up among the pine trees. brush to cut .
spending lots of time with Annie after her hip replacement. going to PT etc.
I ordered 100 Victorian rhubarb seeds from Amazon. still trying to get some Crinson Red.
.......jiminwaUSAu......
.......jiminwaUSAu......

I didn't know there was an Independence , wisc
I fixed the tiny hole in the lawn mower tire with Gorilla glue. Nephew mowed the whole lawn today..
Naturally it is going to rain tonight so I won't be able to sweep up any hay..
......jiminwaUSAu.......

I didn't know there was an Independence , wisc
I fixed the tiny hole in the lawn mower tire with Gorilla glue. Nephew mowed the whole lawn today..
Naturally it is going to rain tonight so I won't be able to sweep up any hay..
......jiminwaUSAu.......
South of Eau Claire and north of Lacrosse. I didn't either until yesterday, lol. Beautiful country tho. And an amazing red, pink, orange sunset.

almost a week ago I was attacked by Yellow jackets. It was horrifying to be honest.

I have a couple piles of sod from the garden area, that I planned on tossing to the chickens. I had my shovel and garden wagon. After the first chunk I realized I could just grab it with my hand. The third piece I grab with my left hand and for a half of split second, honestly too hard to explain this absolute tiny moment in time... I saw larvae and my mind wondered what animal had died in the sod, and a blur of wasps coming at my face. The next moments are seriously black, until I reach my kitchen sink. The fact that I had my front door unlocked was miraculous, its never unlocked and I rarely use it. It saved me tho. It was the closes entry point.

Minutes later, while soaking my hand in cold sink water, I realize that I am still being stung. On my right leg, my left ankle and my back. I strip off my clothes. I was home alone and called my mom. Mind you, Im 45 yrs old, but my mother is a retired nurse and I was scared. Not only was I in excruciating pain, I couldn't move my left hand, I am asthmatic and I knew at this point I had well over a couple dozen stings. I called 911 at my mothers urging. The volunteers emt/s came. And after a thorough go thru, I am alive and did not need to go to the hospital.

I later found 8 yellow jackets half alive in my pile of cloths and 4 more flying in the house. its no joke, they follow you. And they don't stop stinging until they die. I calculated at least 3 dozen stings in 5 places on my body. How in the world they missed my face, I have no idea.

6 days later and I'm still swollen and have welts. I've used all the benedryl cortisone etc that one needs. I itch like crazy.

The next night, I dressed head to toe with my ski helmet and goggles, took my propane blow torch and enacted a blissful revenge.

Have a blessed night everyone, LJ

You are the fourth person that I have heard of this week that got attacked by bees.
I have a nest of nastys in the attic of my chicken coop. So far they are behaving . Last year I got nailed about four different times. One at a time.
that's plenty for me, thank you..
......jiminwaUSAu.......

Back
Top Bottom