Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

HI JV,
I used to have whiz bang instructions I bought. I lent them out and do not think I ever got them back or have misplaced them, but anyway,
Sounds like you build quite a plucker, oak, joints and all. Yes I am mechanically inclined as I do my own repairs and make things as needed.
I am thinking of a stand up model or a tub plucker. I get further ahead of projects I will prolly ask some questions if I decide to build something.
1 HP motor and fingers for 120.00 is a good price. I am guessing a 4 pole motor 1725 rpm, less speed to reduce. Guessing a electric motor without capacitor start. Electric motor commonly used as a blower motor.

Thanks Tim O
I better clear things up. the fingers alone cost $120.oo. I think a new motor was like $180.oo.
A 16" driven pulley is expensive, I made a sort of transmission with chain and sprocket to reduce the 1725rpm down to about 190rpm. I think that cost less than a 16" pulley..
I picked up all the makings at Fleet & Farm
the first one I did, I used #50 chain. then I reduced that to #40 CHAIN for the next two.
If I make another one, I will reduce the chain to #30. the hardest thing on the chain is the
start-up shock.
.......jiminWAUsau...

I better clear things up. the fingers alone cost $120.oo. I think a new motor was like $180.oo.
A 16" driven pulley is expensive, I made a sort of transmission with chain and sprocket to reduce the 1725rpm down to about 190rpm. I think that cost less than a 16" pulley..
I picked up all the makings at Fleet & Farm
the first one I did, I used #50 chain. then I reduced that to #40 CHAIN for the next two.
If I make another one, I will reduce the chain to #30. the hardest thing on the chain is the
start-up shock.
.......jiminWAUsau...
Ahhh, okay
Since I do not do a high volume of birds I am almost thinking of building some type of stand up plucker. Maybe 4 inch pvc with fingers in it. get some pillow block bearings. I have electric motor. Just have to reduce the speed some.
Maybe I will just keep pulling feathers the old fashion way.

It has been busy here. The meat birds arrived last Wednesday and are doing well. I finally lost two yesterday which I thought was a bit odd since they are almost a week old.
I also set eggs in the incubator last Tuesday. They all appear to be developing nicely.
New puppy arrives Saturday..... we have not had a puppy in almost 16 years so this will be a change of pace.
New honeybees arrive sometime next week......

The rest of the chooks are doing fine. Enjoying the nice weather.

what kind of dog are you getting ?
our weather is not so nice. rain and cold. even had snow for awhile today.
It looks like no bash this year again...
......jiminwisc......

I bet that will be one cute puppy, but what puppies arent cute!
I got meat chicks last week too! Only 1 of them had pasty butt, and once I cleaned that up they are all healthy and active. No losses so far. Eating like there is no tomarrow

FFF again already....amazing how fast time flies when you are having fun.
couple old things of the old neighborhood bl4..... bad accident on sunset curve again and a fire at huckleberry campgrounds today....just sayin.
I have a broody hen.....prolly gonna just steal the eggs from here like I've been doing...even though I have a extra empty coop to move her to, I think I will just use the bator....but I might change my mind yet.

Stay Safe.... bigz

I have a little free time to spend on the computer right now.
Annie is getting more independent and can do some things for herself. Lots less pain than what she had at first.
Yesterday I took Ollie for a ride. I graded the driveway pretty good, and then on my last pass I blew a hydraulic hose.. I hope I can splice it..
I can still drive it as long as I don't try to use the loader hydraulics.
......jiminwisc....

Here she is! Meet Luna!

56104BF5-8B54-486F-8FC0-B8493460BF44.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom