Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

We have a pair of woodchucks living along the edge of the woods; have seen at least one on the property every year since we bought the place. They stay down by the woods and leave all my stuff alone so we let them be. If they started doing damage it would be a different story. We have a tree stump right at the edge of the woods that is about 10 feet tall, last year the woodchuck would climb up and sit on top of that stump, watching his kingdom.... it was a sight to see it climb up there.
I see them in the grass taller grass. Watch the grass move then up comes the head as they stand on their back legs. Head pops up above the grass like a periscope.

rain coming Wednesday hope no damaging winds and hail.

Batten down the hatches! Everyone stay safe, fingers crossed we just get some rain and a little bit of boom.

Pretty sad when the weather predictions are more accurate than the MSM....... 🤣

:frow Hi everyone! It's been a long time! How's everyone? Is see Jim, BigZ, Babylady from back when. Anyone else I know still here? I'm afraid to ask where's TerriO? Still having the bash? I still have the white elephant lol. If there's a bash next year, we'd like to join in the fun. Kids still talk about cooking with Jim and TerriO lol
I got 3 kids graduated, 2 more to go. No birds or any other critters at this time. Our last duck passed away recently (my fault 😔) he was getting super old and slow. We have been talking about guineas because of ticks but.... Not yet. Anywho nice reading the last couple pages. Hope everyone is in good health. Talk later. -rAimnel

Weather alert radio started screaming at 1 am...... tornado warnings all around, yet when the storm hit it did not live up to expectations........ was awake until 2:30.

I hope everyone else fared as well.
I just lost a couple branches in Central Wisconsin. The main parts hit northeast and west of me.
Lots of people lost power, I hope they have power back by now.

We lost power during the first storm this week. It went out about 1 am and we didn't get power back until 6:30 in the evening. Happy to say that when we checked the fridge at 6, the 5 pound pack of chicken breast that I had just bought the day before was still at 39 degrees. We had a little of the ice in the door melt and make a tiny puddle on the floor, but that was it - the ice bucket in the door was still over 3/4 full of wet ice. The ice in the freezer drawer was still froze solid with absolutely no thawing at all.

Back
Top Bottom