Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

I take it sparrows are undesirable? :hmm

on this site it appears that they believe sparrows are the only bird that carries bird flu, from what I can gather..
I live just south of Merrill. you will be going closely past my house to get to Merrell if you come in on 29 ..stop in for a cuppa coffee or soda..

on this site it appears that they believe sparrows are the only bird that carries bird flu, from what I can gather..
I live just south of Merrill. you will be going closely past my house to get to Merrell if you come in on 29 ..stop in for a cuppa coffee or soda..
That sounds great! I will get in touch and will be driving as I would rather pick them up than in the mail.

It sure is nice to get out on the porch
View attachment 3731201
Is this what the boys are supposed to look like? Mine doesn't seem to be exactly what your is. I just got the favorelles at a farm. 4 hens and a roo. (that was nice and also just by chance) I'll try to get a photo of my roo.

Attachments

• max.png
    max.png
    583.2 KB · Views: 4
I take it sparrows are undesirable? :hmm
The specific bird is the English Sparrow. English sparrows are an invasive species. They are a menace to our native birds; they will take over nesting sites from bluebirds, swallows, etc. even killing the birds in the boxes. They are also extremely destructive to grain crops.

Getting rid of as many as possible helps relieve the pressure on our native species.

The specific bird is the English Sparrow. English sparrows are an invasive species. They are a menace to our native birds; they will take over nesting sites from bluebirds, swallows, etc. even killing the birds in the boxes. They are also extremely destructive to grain crops.

Getting rid of as many as possible helps relieve the pressure on our native species.
In my lifetime, from what I've seen, sparrows are the most common bird out there. Good luck trying to get rid of them.

horses and cattle breeds are not native either.
sparrows have been here since colonial times
I think they are naturalized by now.
other species of birds also lay their eggs in nests that are not theirs and let the nesting birds raise them. turkeys eat lots of farmers'
crops, too. and crows will walk down a row of corn and pull out the new sprouts.
all birds are opertunists..

Speaking if crows. Last spring it appeared they were diggin out my seedlings in the garden. Until someone said it might be rabbits. But the crows act like they own the backyard and it is a bit dangerous going out. They sit in the trees and yell when I go outside. :hmm

did abit of reading not alot from google

Most common songbirds or other birds found in the yard, like cardinals, robins, sparrows, blue jays, crows, or pigeons, do not usually carry bird flu viruses that are dangerous to poultry or people

seems to be more migratory or waterbirds, many times the infection is carried not by birds, but clothing, feed, boots etc

Some types of birds are just carriers, just like some people do not get sick from covid..just pass it along.

I do like the long strips of cloth or plastic, gonna have to look into it.. freezer door cutain. bet its expensive though.

Back
Top Bottom