Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

I got my calls, when I got them, they were 3 months old and they were 4.00 a piece. I got lavendar and blue and 1 bibbed black, one magpie brown and one all white. 4.00 each. Yeah Jim - thought you were downsizing? That doesn't pertain to ducks? That darn math - gets ya every time.

H&R let me know what you find out for the dna results. I would be interested to know. Did you do the feather sample or the blood sample?

Last edited:
Quote:
these were some males and some females.. $50,oo for all five.

If you want them I can see if she still has them
and I can get them as far as Wausau for you..

I do not want them,,

Quote:
these were some males and some females.. $50,oo for all five.

If you want them I can see if she still has them
and I can get them as far as Wausau for you..

I do not want them,,

My husband will already be coming home from his elk hunting trip to 3 new cochins, if I added more calls I would definitely be in trouble.

Tenchi is home, he's my "hmong" rooster. he disappeared last Mon (a week ago ), thought for sure he was a goner, which really sucked he was my only rooster, these birds throw about 10 hens to one rooster, which can be a good thing, unless you only have one roo, and none that look like roo's in the babies. have no idea what happened. he's not bet up so I don't think he got taken by a pred then got away, its a big mystery that I would like to know the answer to.

19130_100_2095.jpg

he's not a pretty chicken but these birds know how to scrounge around

Last edited:
good AM , I could not find the mama duck last night to put her in. she ran off when I tried.. so I let the dog out all night.. apparently it was a good move.. sometime early this morning he began barking .. I don't know what was out there, but this morning all were present and accounted for..

If BBP does not want the call ducks, is anybody else interested??

I had a lady from Cambria who was looking for some, but she has not responded..

I am looking for some Red Bourbons for Rob.. anybody got some to get rid of ?

the peacock was strutting his stuff this morning.. he has a fascination for my big red rooster.. I better find a peahen real soon or there might be problems in the yard..

I am going in for breakfast at 10am after DD1 gets here..

then later on I am going to spray out the guineas' pen and install new roosts in there also..

I really like that pine wood shavings for floor covering.. It costs $4 something, but straw costs $3/per bale and the coverage is about the same.. but shavings does not weave together like straw and hay does,, making for much easier cleaning.. the extra buck is worth it to me..

there were not enough chickens and turkeys in the chicken coop to tell if the roost was adequate or not.. I think I will eventually make another one anyhow..

I put the lowest roost closest to the wall and the higher one will be farther from the wall.. that way I can get under them, right up to the wall, to shovel sh!t..

I still have 4 cages of birds to feed, so I better get at it.. I think I will combine all of them together in the big cage today to make it just one cage to feed.. that would be a cluck with four baby guineas, 1 peachick, 3 baby turkeys, and 1 quail rooster who got the he11 beat out of him... and soon the baby duck who just hatched yesterday..

nie cool day today.. makes one feel like doing something constructive..

our corn should be ripe in a couple of days.. I really like the late corn.. the cooler nights sweetens it more..

I have a roadside market who will buy corn from me.. I am just thinking of it right now.. I can sell it right here for the same price .. first I quess we should see how it turns out, eh?

..........jiminwisc...........

Quote:
I lost my rooster to a predator this summer.. I still have the 2 hens.. and I also have 9 young ones.. I think there is at least one rooster in the bunch.. too soon to tell, yet.. I like those jungle fowl.. they are so people friendly, and they do not go around picking fights with the other birds.. although, they will not back down if challenged..

so if something happens to your rooster let me know,, maybe I can help you out with another one..

I had a RP Tom turkey disappear for two weeks one time.. I think he joined up with a flock of wild ones.. then in the fall he went missing again,, but that time he did not come back.. I have been watching for white wild turkeys, but nothing yet..LOL

I had to laugh at a tiny tom this morning.. He was picking a fight with a barred rock rooster of the same size... such bravado.. LOL

.........jiminwisc.........

Quote:
I lost my rooster to a predator this summer.. I still have the 2 hens.. and I also have 9 young ones.. I think there is at least one rooster in the bunch.. too soon to tell, yet.. I like those jungle fowl.. they are so people friendly, and they do not go around picking fights with the other birds.. although, they will not back down if challenged..

so if something happens to your rooster let me know,, maybe I can help you out with another one..

I had a RP Tom turkey disappear for two weeks one time.. I think he joined up with a flock of wild ones.. then in the fall he went missing again,, but that time he did not come back.. I have been watching for white wild turkeys, but nothing yet..LOL

I had to laugh at a tiny tom this morning.. He was picking a fight with a barred rock rooster of the same size... such bravado.. LOL

.........jiminwisc.........

do yours look like these, I've been looking for someone who has them too, so if I loose the roo or a lot od hens there is someone I can buy/get replacments from, if so maybe we can do some trading for blood lines

Back
Top Bottom