Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

You're killing me here!!!
th.gif

I put ACV in my chicks' water on purpose. No worries.
wink.png
Thank you Amy!!!!

Vicki - I've read that the molt is a great time to worm them. They are laying fewer eggs and depending on the wormer you use you can't eat the eggs for a time. So it make sense to do it when they are laying fewer anyway. I use Wazine-17 then follow up with Eprinex pour-on in two weeks. Wazine has a 14 day withdrawl so no eggs for 2 weeks but the Eprinex has no withdrawl so you are good to go then. I came upon this schedule on a post here at BYC and it's very informative!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/213065/to-worm-or-not-and-piperazine-dosage-for-bantams

It's like the comprehensive post on worming! And not just using Piperazine and for bantams, it talks about all the different ways to worm and dosages for all poultry.

HTH!
smile.png
Thank you Casie!!!!
hugs.gif

Good afternoon--great link to the worming info! I thought I had bookmarked it...now it is for sure! Sh!t--somebody here....well, that was an OK visitor--sold some eggs!
celebrate.gif

So I heard a commotion out there when I first got home from work...A HAWK! I dont think it was a red-tail--too stripey. Got the gun and fired a few shots into the trees where I saw it fly and it went toward the neighbors' house...I think it got one of the babies though cause I only see 5 with Super Mama. Lost a medium duckling the other night too...only found the wings laying there. Man, I wish the preds would just leave my stuff alone! (dont we all!)

Had some afternoon coffee and now I kinda feel like I could do something...maybe be back later...Terri O

Interview over, and my visits to two city halls, the county extension office, and the city library........
th.gif
I am tired.....

Yes Casie you can access the interview online (when it is published); here is the link to the paper.... http://www.waupacanow.com

You can find all the other articles online there as well. Just look for Weyauwega News.

Ok, I need to rest my brains for a bit.

TTFN

Summer Evening All....what the heck bl4...while boundries need to be drawn...one that lives in that house can have chickens, and the adjacent neighbors can't ? It is right in town! Time for change in Wega...you go girl.

Nice job Casie...I'm personally not a fan of the vinyl floor. Slippery and a chance of spraddle leg is my concern. Not being picky, just sayin. Some use the vinyl, I'm not sure why?

We got some of the lawn cut today...the one rider had a fit with the belt...might have lost a part I'm thinkin....I worked on it awhile...still ain't right...kinda like me now...LOL!

Come on Doc....you're killing me!

Crab Shack... sounds like heaven.

Be Safe...bigz

Evening everyone
frow.gif

welcome to OneDirectioner and all the other newbies and returning folks! drag up a perch and roost a while
welcome-byc.gif

Ok, the saga of Broody Butt and Noodle (the new chick) continues. I did have them in a large cage (which took up a lot of the coop floor but worked) with a box for the nest in one end. This cage was borrowed from my neighbor and she needed it for a duckling so I removed it today and just put the nest box on the floor thinking BB would use that for her and chick to sleep in. I had been letting them out of the cage, depending upon the weather/temp to either go play in the run or just roam around the coop. Anyway. after cleaning, etc. and setting the box up my plan was to put BB and Noodle back in the coop to let them adjust to their new digs. Great plan, EXCEPT now BB decided out of the blue that she wouldn't go back in the coop! After chasing her, chasing the chick, chasing her, etc. catching the chick with a butterfly net which mom immediately attacked so I had to let the chick loose before she hurt it,
barnie.gif
Finally caught the chick again, this time scooping it up quickly and it immediately quieted down and all was finally well. Locked them in, later let them out to roam with everybody in the run till they went to roost (first time). Worked great. I went out to lock them in close things up for the night. Peeked in to check if all was well and there were my 3 other hens stuffed together on one end of the roost and there was BB with Noodle tucked under her wing on the other!
ep.gif
How the heck she even got the 2 week old chick up there I have no idea! I am so thankful that at least my roost is built on top of the nest boxes, using the top as a large catch tray for droppings that I keep filled with a deep layer of woodchips so if the chick falls off at least it will land in something soft.
roll.png

All I can do is cross my fingers and hope it doesn't get too nuts in there before morning
fl.gif
Why didn't she at least jump into one of the nest boxes? CRAZY HEN!
th.gif

Anyone else had a hen do this?

Evening all!
Beautiful day here! Got some laundry done and ran some errands. DH and I ran an errand this afternoon and we saw a black panther or black mountain lion type animal dead on the freeway. Near the bridge next to the Rock River. I was like "Did you just see what I saw?!" I didn't think we had any black panther types up here......

Amy-Yes, the first time I got to see Georgie's pedigree is was amazing. It was like looking at the Hallowed Halls of Race Horse-dom. I got chills when I saw Bold Ruler's and Native Dancer's names.....
bow.gif

Vicki-I deworm when the hens molt. I use Strongid horse wormer paste. A pea sized drop over the tongue and there good to go. I also use ACV in their water and have never had trouble with it.

TO-sorry to hear about your predator troubles....
sad.png

Welcome to the newbies and the Cheesies who came back!

Cassie-Nice coop!!!

Back
Top Bottom