Wish us luck with Hurricane Ian

We're starting to get outer bands now and unfortunately, the current projections take it right over our house.
My heart sank this morning when I saw that it ramped up to a Cat 4 and is hitting at an almost 5. We have lots of friends and family all over Florida since we used to live there. My sister just moved to Jacksonville last week. This is her first time living on her own, her apartment isn't even stocked with the basics since she just moved in and she has never seen anything beyond a mild thunderstorm. I called her up last night and made arrangements with my aunt uncle in north carolina. She's almost there now thank goodness. Between my husband and I we have seen many hurricanes and I told her this is not a good one to be in for the first time especially alone in an unstocked apartment. Stay safe!

Fellow Floridian here also. As many of you, we Florida folks have lived through many hurricanes, having been born and raised in central Florida. We relocated to the upper part of South Carolina back in 1988 and this is our first year as chicken folks. We are scheduled to have rain and wind events on both Friday and Saturday. Looking for information to see if you know if the chickens will move into the coop and out of the run. Should I close some of the windows down? While my ladies are good, they are dump as stumps, they are only 23-weeks old. Maybe I'm thinking too much into this situation. Just let Mother Nature guide them and me.

Fellow Floridian here also. As many of you, we Florida folks have lived through many hurricanes, having been born and raised in central Florida. We relocated to the upper part of South Carolina back in 1988 and this is our first year as chicken folks. We are scheduled to have rain and wind events on both Friday and Saturday. Looking for information to see if you know if the chickens will move into the coop and out of the run. Should I close some of the windows down? While my ladies are good, they are dump as stumps, they are only 23-weeks old. Maybe I'm thinking too much into this situation. Just let Mother Nature guide them and me.
In my experience, the chickens automatically do pursue higher ground. I don't lock mine inside the coop, but that is only my 2 cents.

Update from our neck of the woods (literally,): No major issues or damage here. We had some wind and rain; however, no real damage.

The chickens and rabbits are doing well, along with the newly born baby Flemish babies (born this Sunday 9/25). Included some pics for tax. :)

Attachments

• image3 (8).jpeg
    image3 (8).jpeg
    741.2 KB · Views: 2
  • image2 (9).jpeg
    image2 (9).jpeg
    313 KB · Views: 3
  • image1 (13).jpeg
    image1 (13).jpeg
    265.6 KB · Views: 2
  • image0 (19).jpeg
    image0 (19).jpeg