WK #3

Pics
OMG - was that today??? Things have been crazy for you! :th
Yes, that was this evening. I kind of balked over the warning because it was slow getting here but when it got here:eek:. I didn't think much at first when the power went out but then remembered babies in the warmer. I started going through a basket thinking I could put them in a stocking cap, but came across this little insulted travel pouch a friend had given me to keep essential oils in. Perfect size to zip 2 squiggly keets into. They snuggled in with their beaks peeking out and went to sleep.

Yes, that was this evening. I kind of balked over the warning because it was slow getting here but when it got here:eek:. I didn't think much at first when the power went out but then remembered babies in the warmer. I started going through a basket thinking I could put them in a stocking cap, but came across this little insulted travel pouch a friend had given me to keep essential oils in. Perfect size to zip 2 squiggly keets into. They snuggled in with their beaks peeking out and went to sleep.
Wow! I’d like to see a pic of that! Glad that you were able to keep them safe. We are about to get a storm right now. Not as bad as yours, I hope, but I already see a lot of lightening. Welch got six of her 3.5 week old keets onto the roost with her tonight, but the seventh had a hard time. It finally got onto a roost on the opposite end of the coop and is in a corner all by itself. I hope that the little ones do ok with this storm! :fl

I'm impressed -Welch must know what she's doing. I think mine were still in the house at 8 wks. Lol. Is the 7th one smaller? Nugget always had a tendency to distance himself.
I did try to get a picture but it was too dark. I had to chuckle over it-if R2elk thought I spoiled the 1st batch, here I was rocking these 2. Lol.
Have decided to give it one more go. Will be a later hatch than I planned, but hopefully I learned something that'll make the next one more successful.

Thing 1 and Thing 2 -8 days old
20200813_131129.jpg

I've enjoyed reading this thread! I have my first guinea keets ever in the brooder and I am absolutely in love with them. They were a "help with ticks" plan that came as eggs from ebay and I already adore them with their spry and feisty behaviors. So far, they're happy to come in for a cuddle and a nap, too.

View attachment 2231223

Mine hatched about one every 12 hours or so starting on day 26. Good luck with your hatch, @Sydney65
Need a photo update! 😍

Was that the storm that rolled through Iowa?
My husband was delivering down there and they got hit with 100mph winds it said. Semi trucks were blown over everywhere. He is so lucky our truck had minimal damage from the wind.
There have been some crazy storms this year. Glad your two Littles made it through ok!

Was that the storm that rolled through Iowa?
My husband was delivering down there and they got hit with 100mph winds it said. Semi trucks were blown over everywhere. He is so lucky our truck had minimal damage from the wind.
There have been some crazy storms this year. Glad your two Littles made it through ok!
That was Tuesday before dark. When I got the call it was sunshining still here, 81° & humid, so I hated cooping the big birds. 50 min later it hit and temp dropped to 63°. Glad your hubby made it through. I had to take a road trip the next day to round up stuff of ours and the neighbor's that blew away.

That was Tuesday before dark. When I got the call it was sunshining still here, 81° & humid, so I hated cooping the big birds. 50 min later it hit and temp dropped to 63°. Glad your hubby made it through. I had to take a road trip the next day to round up stuff of ours and the neighbor's that blew away.
Yikes! I hope you didn’t end up with too much damage😬

Back
Top Bottom