WK #3

Pics
20200804_222948.jpg

Thanks! So what do you think? I had to use the flash to get the color right- it's a silvery white. I thought mb there were wome RPs in there but the stripes aren't right.

This photo is from hatch day, but see the little guy up top w/the sticky leg? The hatching info said not to attempt to remove anything, it would come off, and on his leg it has. Last night I was watching and wondered, "where's his wing?". Well, it was pretty much stuck to his side. I worked it free, but it's still stiff w/the residue. Should I attempt washing it off or leave it?

This photo is from hatch day, but see the little guy up top w/the sticky leg? The hatching info said not to attempt to remove anything, it would come off, and on his leg it has. Last night I was watching and wondered, "where's his wing?". Well, it was pretty much stuck to his side. I worked it free, but it's still stiff w/the residue. Should I attempt washing it off or leave it?
I personally very carefully work leftover crud off once the keet is dry, eating, and drinking.

Gently moisten it with warm water or coconut oil. Once it is flexible you can pull it off.

I was able to get some off with soapy water and a soft toothbrush... I didn’t work too hard at it to avoid damage.

Coconut oil did the trick. Little one was yapping at me the whole time then got quiet when he realized he had another wing. Lol. Ofcourse then he tried to check out his new found appendage and went head over heels. I have to say, this has been a lot easier than receiving shipped keets; no dehydration, no pasty butt, just fat little butterballs tripping over themselves.🐥

....and then there was the night I got a phone call from the next state over shouting, "QUICK! Lock your birds up! We just had a storm with 80 mph straight line winds and it's headed your way!" -and it was, so I did. Then the power went out..and stayed out.. so I found a thermal zip up pouch, popped the two keets in it, sat them on my lap, read and rocked them while it stormed.

....and then there was the night I got a phone call from the next state over shouting, "QUICK! Lock your birds up! We just had a storm with 80 mph straight line winds and it's headed your way!" -and it was, so I did. Then the power went out..and stayed out.. so I found a thermal zip up pouch, popped the two keets in it, sat them on my lap, read and rocked them while it stormed.
OMG - was that today??? Things have been crazy for you! :th

Back
Top Bottom