Wobbly chick chick

Mar 1, 2021
Hello, I recently bought 17 chicks from Meyer Hatchery for certain breeds about 3 weeks ago... going on four
I lost 6 of them 3 were dead on arrival and 1 died a week later. All are well... except this little chick here I think the one of 2 Delaware chicks I ordered and she was fine fine fine until two days ago. She has become wobbly and now sneezing I’m thinking resp. infection but no other chicks have any signs illness etc. the other Deleware chick died unexpectedly but never got wobbly and can’t seem to walk, she runs and falls. This one seems to be eating okay and drinking... I also have been giving her electrolytes as well but not a lot. Her poop is normal etc. I do have amoxicillin if it is a resp. I know there isn’t a whole lot of things you can do with sick chicks but this is my moms favorite. I do have a video but I’m not too sure on how to upload one

For video, upload to youtube and provide a link.

Look inside her beak for any blockage, make sure her nostrils are clear and that her crop is emptying overnight.
I wouldn't necessarily lean toward respiratory disease since she's the only one with symptoms and she came from a large hatchery - unless you have an existing flock that has respiratory disease.

I think I would give her poultry vitamins that contain B2 (Riboflavin) and Vitamin E.

IF you feel you need to treat with an antibiotic, then use something like Tylosin which can treat symptoms of disease like Mycoplasma. Amoxicillin is not effective against MG since it has no cell wall.

Back
Top Bottom