Wobbly duck?

Aki no niwatori

Songster
9 Years
Sep 14, 2014
Georgia, Upson
Hallo again.
One of my drakes is acting kind of funny. He wobbles alot when he walks and constantly seems offbalance. He is a welsh harlequin drake over 8 weeks old. And when he eats the food alot of it falls back out.

They are being fed Tucker Milling 16% showflock mini pellets. All of the other ducks including two harlequin females and runners, and even the calls in the other pen have no issues with the food.

This has been going on for a few days at least. And he is shy so he is hard to get a good picture of.

Attachments

• PXL_20230622_223711098.jpg
    PXL_20230622_223711098.jpg
    708.9 KB · Views: 66
Sure sounds like a niacin deficiency or possibly a toxin. But both can be treated. Niacin def with liquid B complex 1 ml over a tasty bit of treat just for him so you know he gets full dose. This will give you info on what to buy to treat. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.1367557/

and if you suspect a toxin then there is this
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/flushes-for-aiding-in-toxin-removal.700526/

You'll have to decide which you think it could be. But niacin deficiency can hit only one or a few in a flock so just because all the other seems okay this drake just may need some extra niacin and once there are symptoms the liquid B complex works the best.

The food is supposed to have niacin in it. And none of the other birds have shown any signs of issues. I intend on trying to separate him for observation. I cab adjust the food then..
Like we are trying to say niacin deficiency can hit only one in a flock or many, it's an individual thing and probably for some reason he just isn't getting the amount of niacin his body needs, Treating for niacin deficiency is usually the problem when one has weakness which would show up as wobbly. Get the liquid B complex I showed you in the link in my above reply and start him on it. If you let this go and it is niacin deficiency he will eventually get to where he can't walk. niacin deficiency is an easy fix if caught early and treated ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom