wolfdog

Wow we have a part wolf and lab/shepard mix, his name is Laddie and he's a very friendly dog.
Except when it comes to the UPS man.
gig.gif

He has problems with his hips/legs we think arthritis, but that's mostly the lab in him.

67650_img_7186.jpg

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ :

Wow - he's pretty. I'm curious to know though how does he get along with your other smaller dogs and 50 cats?

Does he come in the house or is he strickly out in the kennel?

Hes Mr. all over the place! he gets along well with the other animals, but squirrels spark his curiosity, I guess cause they run around in the trees! i also have a man training him, he works with him for an hour a day, he just loves him! also, the only problems ive had with him, is his teeth were not developing properly, the vet said he needed a super premium puppy food, i had him on a good puppy food, but it wasnt enough for his teeth to develop, but hes great now with lots of good teeth!
big_smile.png

Thank you, my parents adopted him 5 yrs ago from a family of alcoholic drug abusers who beat him with electric cords and whatnaught. It took him a bit to adjust to being treated kindly, but like I said he's a very lovable dog.

Im going to be completly naive and ask, how do you even get a wolf hybrid? Is it an accident of having a pet b*tch mated by a wolf dog? If so, how do you actually know the percentage of wolf in your dogs?
Or do people purposely breed their dogs with wolves?
Or do people keep wolves as pets and breed them to dogs? Cause i thought that was illegal...
Sorry just curious. We dont have wolves here only dingo's.
Edited cause i forgot to censor the B word.

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm unsure how to breed wolf into the dogs, our vet told my parents Laddie has some wolf in him.
But as I said previously Laddie was an adopted rescue dog from abusers, who lived 45 miles north of us out in open country. Coyotes and wolf breeds run free out there. I'm guessing that's how he ended up with it.
His mom was the Lab/Shepard mix.

Last edited:
Kat's Silly Chickens :

Quote:
I'm unsure how to breed wolf into the dogs, our vet told my parents Laddie has some wolf in him.
But as I said previously Laddie was an adopted rescue dog from abusers, who lived 45 miles north of us out in open country. Coyotes and wolf breeds run free out there. I'm guessing that's how he ended up with it.
His mom was the Lab/Shepard mix.

Lots of coyotes, but no wolves around Burleson, Tx. We had a wolf hybrid in obedience class. It looked very much like a wolf, but longer and heavier. Unless there are papers or you saw the litter and parents, I wouldn't think any of the dogs on this thread have a lot of wolf in them. Maybe a less than 25% - certainly no more than that -most likely a whole lot less.​

Last edited:
There are a few places that give the break down of breeds in your dog via aDNA test. We had one of our rescue dogs tested one time (cost was $90) and the results had the percentages of each type of breed listed. Since all dogs have evolved from wolves, I'm not sure how that works in the testing.
idunno.gif

I know several people who sent off samples for testing and they came back with total rubbish.

Also, science is beginning to think that dogs may have derived from a wolf relative and not the wolf itself. Another branch of the family tree, so to speak.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom