Woman banned for life from Walmart Stores in the US

I didn't do it... it wasn't me.
hide.gif
oh whew...you're talking about an extreme couponer.
tongue.png

Quote:
I've lived in towns where the Wal-Mart was the only game in town. They were always packed with customers. I hated going there.

Where we live now the Wal-Mart is the closest store to us, but there are two locally owned groceries that are quite popular, a K-Mart, an Ace Hardware, and a few other stores within a mile or two. This Wal-Mart is like a ghost town most of the time. I stop by once in a great while to check the sporting goods section.

The Tractor Supply is the same way. The one where I lived in Texas was always a madhouse. The nearest one to us here in Wisconsin is in the center of our rural county, about 20 miles away. Great place for a store, if there weren't two farmers cooperatives and a locally owned ag center within a couple of miles... I went in there on a Saturday afternoon,and I think I was one of four customers in the entire store. There were three cars in the parking lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in a town that is proud to not have a Walmart

Or a Target...but I still want one!

I will trade you a K-Mart and Sears for one Target.

I bet there is a LOT to this story that is not being told. I would highly doubt a well paid store manager would come flying out of an office to push a ladies hand with her iPhone out of it.

I would not be surprised if she was extremely frustrated at the amount of time she had spent collecting every coupon east/west of Mississippi for her "free" jars of mustard-all 200 of them. And in her frustration got her hand up in the managers face in an aggressive manner. If you watch the extreme couponing show, they all talk about the nerves they get at the check out stand and how a change in a store policy blows their whole plan. One they have spent a good amount of time working up.

But in the end, if the couponer had been there with just the one coupon from her own paper and planned on just buying one jar, this whole scene would have never happened or the change in the policy would have only had a minor effect on her whole shopping trip.

I am always surprised that the people on that show find stores willing to take more than one coupon, that they still double them, or give cash back. That stopped here eons ago, and thus Costco is the better option for many things for me. And I stopped buying junk food as a bonus!

(I used to manage a good 50% savings and never scrounged other peoples trash or had to hoard 70 bottles of mustard!)

I was unaware that making a recording in some states is illegal. Otherwise, all those news cameras, hidden cameras, etc would be illegal, too. And, all those "hidden camera investigations" couldn't be aired because they were obtained illegally. From what I understand, it's not the recording or videotaping that's illegal (unless the property owner, specifically, puts a sign up stating it's not allowed), it's what you do with it that may be illegal.

But, I agree with what someone else said before: Why did she ever go back there in the first place!? I sure wouldn't have.

Quote:
Here its legal as long as one person know they are being recorded......some states it illegal unless all party know they are being recorded...

Reason some bill collecter will almost alway tell you on the phone ,you may be recorded.

Wise to check your state laws if you do record anyone, no matter the reason.

After working for Kmart for 25 years, the one thing I can tell you is that, dealing with the public is not an easy job. I've had people flip out on me because the store was sold out of a certain type of candy
hmm.png
I had a woman tell me I was rude because I did not bend down to pick up a frame for her. I just picked it up (without bending) and handed it to her. She flat out told me I was rude because I didn't bend down
he.gif

This woman was obviously looking to cause trouble otherwise she wouldn't have tried to record the conversation. She probably figured that if she pushed hard enough, and made a few little threats, she would get what she wanted. And I would bet that Walmart management has had previous dealings with her.

Back
Top Bottom