Women, How To Handle A Compliment

Quote:
I'm really good at faking sincerity...

Dac, now that you said something nice and kindly to me, I'm going to have to delete a part of my sig line.

Last edited:
Quote:
Definitely. When a woman intends to cheer someone up by smiling at them, men think "That babe WANTS me!!!!!!!".

I must differ with that. Most men do not construe friendliness with "wanting them". Some guys think everyone wants them, as well as some girls. That's their ego issue.

I try and say nice things whenever possible, especially in lines. A well placed compliment on someones nails or the service you receive can go a long way. Sometimes I do get the "yeah sure" or "stop hitting on me" looks and that's ok. It's funny but most of those looks come from people I would never hit on in the first place. Sorry if that sounds vain.

Finally, I LOVE IT when someone calls me "honey" or "babe" when I'm buying a cup of coffee or paying for my fuel.

Where I live and farther south hon and dear are used a lot by ladies towards anyone.

Quote:
Me too. CityGirl and I have stuff in common I see. I have to really bat myself sometimes when I realize I'm spending too much time studying my belly button lint!

Studying lint or admiring your abs?

Quote:
THANK YOU! Actually my hair is pullin a Janis Joplin again
hmm.png

Janis had nice hair.

Quote:
I'm really good at faking sincerity...

Dac, now that you said something nice and kindly to me, I'm going to have to delete a part of my sig line.

No, you can leave it up. I was going to comment on it on the other thread.

Quote:
Oh no, you are so wrong. We are all horrible and our socks don't match today.

And our breaths stink.
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
Because alot of men have been socialized to interpret friendliness as ...uhm... "friendliness."
love.gif

When I was 18, I worked at a hotel restaurant. I learned very quickly that I was not doing a "good deed" by chatting with men who were dining alone.

Oh, if y'all want to tell me I look lovely today...
gig.gif
hugs.gif

You are gorgeous, as always.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom