Won my chickies at an auction!!!!

redbugs13

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 13, 2009
Southwest Washington
I bought 5 hens last year from my fiance's boss, and ended up giving them to my soon to be mother in law when we moved into our new house. We are ready to start up our coop at our new house and I was going to get another 5 hens from the same guy. We are visiting my parents (about 3 hours from home) and went to a fundraiser auction to support the local christian school and brought home 6 chicks! 2 Araucana, 2 Buff Orphington, and 2 barred rock! Also came with feeder, waterer, heat light and food. Its gonna be a long trip home tomorrow with 2 dogs and 6 chicks in an SUV!
big_smile.png

Next week I will be ordering a pair of baby runner ducks so my new chickies and duckies will grow up together!!!!

So the ride home was kinda crazy! We stopped to eat with my sister so we put the chicks in their car to keep them safe from the dogs. The whole drive the chicks sat in their box at my feet with the feet heat was on full blast to keep them warm, it was like a sauna in the car!!!! We made it home and set them up, and we made it through the first night!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom