Wonder if we could get Animal Drug makers to aim towards pet chickens

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
Most Poultry medicine has been geared towards the big Chicken Farming for human consumption and Egg laying market..... all in, all out. Most don't look into how MG, MS, Mareks, and other illnesses affect chickens in a longer period of time... because there really wasn't a need. But what about now...... What about all of us who have chickens as pets? Even a lot of Avian medicine is lost on how to deal with a chicken. We end up having to use medicines that are geared towards larger livestock. What if chickens were seem more as pets... would there be a cure for some of these diseases? A better way to treat them or prevent them all together...... since things could be used on a pet that can't be on food? It is very sad for me to see people lose their pet chickens to diseases that are not well known and the most encouraged handling of the situation has to be putting that animal down. I wonder if there was a way to get Drug makers to see that the chicken as a Pet market is growing, and that it would be a good thing to change with the times. that there is a need for new research into these things. I know to some, a chicken is a chicken, but even cows and goats have more medical research it seems than the simple chicken.
hmm.png

In time chicken medicines, vets, etc will be commonplace. We are just at the head of the curve. Give it time...

And lobby by changing the laws and ordinances in your areas to open the door for more of us.

Back
Top Bottom