Viable treatment for Marek's Disease.

I found your post incredibly interesting! I’ve been digging for info and found the same clinical studies and I’m feeling hopeful.
I have a suspected (by necropsy) Marek’s flock. The original birds came in May 2022, I started losing some by August, initial symptoms were leg paralysis.
Fast forward to March 2023, I brought in vaccinated chicks and recently lost 2 of them as well as one original, a beautiful Cochin.
I agree the info online is so conflicting…
The question I have is in what form to you give the Chinese skullcap? I have a tincture, but thinking the alcohol could be a problem. I’ve found powdered root, but not sure how to dose it… any suggestions?
I have a Facebook page 'Positive About Marek's and Avian Leukosis'. I am organizing everything I know and have into guides. Are you on Facebook?

I had joined a page, but it turns out that they are judgemental and very closed minded. So now I'm poached 1 Positive flock owner a week and bringing them up to speed. A lot of them are also on BYC and the BYC Facebook page.

We're having some very positive results. It's not 100%, but it isn't hopeless.

If they are visibly affected, add Nettle leaf and Milk Thistle for organ support.

I've had no more die since I dosed them. I hesitate to say it, but Rogue does look better. Her appetite is picking up and she's gaining weight. Her eye has completely cleared, but the iris is still gray. It seems like she does have some vision in the eye. I don't know if she is recovering vision or if it is what was left after the infection.

I have another hen, Bea who is showing signs of infection. She received 3 doses with the others. I will be dosing her according to the schedule I used for Rogue. Keep in mind, Bea already has impaired vision from a dog attack as a chick. So, I wouldn't be able to be conclusive with her.
Hey there I just came across your post regarding the Chinese herb that helps stop mareks disease Are you still a believer in the herb? I have been dealing with this awful disease in my flock and will try anything. Did you use a powder form or the liquid? Can you let me know which product you used. Thanks so much

Hey there I just came across your post regarding the Chinese herb that helps stop mareks disease Are you still a believer in the herb? I have been dealing with this awful disease in my flock and will try anything. Did you use a powder form or the liquid? Can you let me know which product you used. Thanks so much

I do update fairly often. I have a FB page called Positive About Marek's And Avian Leukosis Virus where myself and 30+ members are currently using the herb and reporting the results on the page. Trying different things and working out what is best.

We're supporting new members and walking them through what to expect.

I can say, it definitely has a positive effect. In researching, it was discovered that while it only inhibits Marek's, it kills Avian Leukosis Virus and Avian Flu.

It has some drawbacks like you lose protection once you stop using it, but the positive aspect is as long as they are on it, it seems they are immune.

Consistent users are reporting that Virus fueled deaths ceased.

So, yes I'm still a believer.

Just a heads up, you can give a chicken a capsule. The gelatin is actually good for feather growth. Especially during molt.

BTW dosage for an ailing chook is 425mg.
I ordered 500mg capsules of pure skullcap root powder. I am trying one capsule per bird daily. This product was fairly inexpensive on Amazon, received it next day delivery.

The reason there is no information on holistic treatment is because the pharma companies are making bank with vaccinating >100m chickens a year.

Marek's is a herpes virus (same family as chicken pox and Epstein Barr (chronic fatigue) viruses). Lysine is known to stop herpes virus replication as well. Lysine is a common amino acid and found in drugstores. Interestingly, there were many reports of backyard egg producers not getting any eggs this time last year. They claim that Tractor Supply removed lysine from their chicken feed.
Tractor Supply doesn't make chicken feed. One brand they sell is Dumor, so guessing that's what you may be referring to. Perhaps they were or weren't putting Lysine in their feed, but as I checked now, it's in there.
1705725311338.png

Well it's been 10 months since I started this journey. It's become a hell of a thing.

After 5 months of reasonable success, a few set backs and several learning experiences, I decided to go real time and start a Facebook page dedicated to Marek's and ALV Positive flocks and get other flock owners to run trials with me.

I can report that flock owners using a daily prophylactic dose in feed have seen a complete stop of Marek's and ALV related deaths. We have managed to save some seriously ill birds, but survival is time critical. Some birds were damaged too badly and we were unsuccessful in saving them.

With that being said, when caught early enough, the protocol for sick birds is successful in saving affected birds.

The one drawback is that the immunity provided ends once Chinese Skullcap is stopped. But...it beats losing your bird.

So, I think, now, that my bird has completely lost the ability to use her legs or keep herself stable it might well be Mareks' - I've eliminated everything else, but tbh, I don't know a thing as I only got my first 3 chooks in summer. They are less than a year old, my recent thread is below:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/another-scaly-mite-question.1610969/#post-27477406

I'm giving her some sugary water to keep her hydrated but she is now not eating.

So, perhaps I try this skullcap? or it is too late if she has got to this stage?

There is an 80% baicalin capsule on Amazon UK, so thinking I could open a capsule and make a slurry with some water? https://amzn.eu/d/1I2FXmQ

Requested to join your FB group :)

So, I think, now, that my bird has completely lost the ability to use her legs or keep herself stable it might well be Mareks' - I've eliminated everything else, but tbh, I don't know a thing as I only got my first 3 chooks in summer. They are less than a year old, my recent thread is below:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/another-scaly-mite-question.1610969/#post-27477406

I'm giving her some sugary water to keep her hydrated but she is now not eating.

So, perhaps I try this skullcap? or it is too late if she has got to this stage?

There is an 80% baicalin capsule on Amazon UK, so thinking I could open a capsule and make a slurry with some water? https://amzn.eu/d/1I2FXmQ

Requested to join your FB group :)
I already picked you up on the page and we'll get you set up on a protocol.

It's not too late.

Have you battled Mareks in your flock? We would not have Marek’s if it were for vaccinated chickens that I purchased after the breeder assured me they were unvaccinated. Contrary to recent online literature that has been either been altered in recent days or manipulated to all state the same thing.
If one is to understand the TRUTH about Any Information, then one best gave done their own science project so they can test for themselves what is true or not.
We have rode this ride out fully since we were forced into such a situation after my unvaccinated chicks contracted the disease from vaccinated ones.
I’ve done extensive research as to when this virus was discovered(1907), when it was isolated, when the first vaccine was invented, and when the mad scientists recreated and altered it. The Veterinarians simply repeat what they’ve too have been taught and sadly, many leaders who create the vaccines have nefariously altered ‘some’, but specifically Marek’s…
As any parent should, we all have an obligation to not blindly trust a system, but to truly understand a system for which we have ALL been conditioned to trust (me included) until one recognizes ‘something does not add up’.

Respectfully speaking, many of us who have encountered Marek’s in our flock, if we are being honest in reflection, it was contracted when vaccinated birds shed onto unvaccinated birds. Contrary to what the literature claims as the same literature literally words it all into one big circle by saying their “Live” vaccine does not shed onto an unvaccinated bird yet in the same context also claim how their leaky vaccine will NOT protect one’s chicken from getting the disease, from passing the disease, or prevent a bird from dying from the disease.

In reality, IF folks have the two status’ mixed, and the literature is authentic, then the two can cohabitate without consequence. Yet, that is not the case. You WILL see the effects to be greater as ones unvaccinated birds WILL show symptom's that will ultimately spread to most birds within one’s individual flock.

Furthermore, the literature also states most all flocks can determine they already have Marek’s, yet, since it was discovered in 1907 and the FIRST vaccine created wasn’t until “1970”, that clearly wasn’t competent enough they had to remake it and patent approved in 2009, chicken’s across the globe would already be extinct according the claims of how contagious the literature proposes the disease to be. Instead, they continue to claim all flicks have it.

Test the theories yourself if you dare. But NO birds will go unscathed if all you ever Have in your flock is vaccinated birds. You Will forever test positive for Mareks disease simply because you have Infected your own chickens with the disease upon vaccination and folks Will still see sudden death and or paralysis… yet the makers of the vaccines have dismissed ALL responsibility of their own vaccine that clearly cannot be perfected to eradicate such a disease after 116 years of such a threat.

Do the math as it is mathematically impossible this disease was such a threat until they remade vaccines that began circulating in 2009 when the patent was approved and folks bought into such threats because they trusted a system rather than research for themselves where the facts don’t make sense.
This isn’t said to disrespect any honest keeping chicken folks who have every heart to do what they believe is best for their flock… it’s all any of us have wanted to do. But we should ALL want to hold the systems that we have trusted, accountable for the drugs they claim are trustworthy, when in reality, they are not.

I do not nor would ever wish this disease on anyone, ever. But since I am witnessing first hand how we contracted it and the great lengths we have financially taken to stop the spread, I assure you, the literature does not add up. I merely hope to help others be aware of the findings found in their documentation that has not been altered in recent days.

Blessings to all!
Thank you for posting this valuable information, i dont have time to research for myself since dealing with mareks and appreciate your summary, good luck

Back
Top Bottom