wonderful duck owners share your pics.

Quote:
No fair! Some of those ducks are NOT real!

Why aren't they real?
idunno.gif

Quote:

thats not a manderine. it looks more like a wood duck. manderines have a smaller body and there wings have that swirl thing. there crest is different

Quote:

thats not a manderine. it looks more like a wood duck. manderines have a smaller body and there wings have that swirl thing. there crest is different

They are Apricot Wood ducks

Quote:

They are Apricot Wood ducks

o sorry i thought it said manderine. he looks like he's from an old black and white film with that color, it's neat

Quote:
Thanks
smile.png
Im kinda partial to them myself
smile.png
I was very pleased with Maggie and Kiwis babies
smile.png
She hatched 12/12 eggs by herself. Ming Ming was the prettiest so I kept her
smile.png
Glad I did she is just beautiful
smile.png

Edit: Wow did I put enough smilies in there? lol

Last edited:
Alright I have really enjoyed seeing picks of everyone's ducks and all the different breeds some of which I have never even seen before. Mine aren't very flashy but here are some pics of the girls anyway. They are Khaki Campbells. There are nine of them, all girls, 4 months old, and named after the first ladies. Hopefully they will start laying some eggs soon, I made them nest boxes yesterday in the barn and can't wait for eggs!

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

What pretty girls. You picked the right breed for eggs. I have two khaki girls, they lay everyday. They are wonderful layers. Where did you get these girls?

I got them from Metzer farm on the internet in early June... got 10 ducklings but one was sick soon as I got her out of the box and she only lived about an hour... the other nine well they have had no problems... they just want their kiddie pool every morning and they are happy:) They arent real personable though... I have some goats a cow and 2 pigs and these duckies are the most bashful of all of them.

Back
Top Bottom