WOOHOO 3 green eggs!......and 2 cows??

ams3651

Songster
12 Years
Jan 23, 2008
NE PA
I went out to work a little on my coop-in-progress and found 3 green eggs! Nice size for her first eggs, respectable size small. I promptly jumped in my car to go the 3 miles to where my oldest son was to show him and found 2 of the neighbors young steers in my dads corn field about a mile away. Needless to say we spent the last couple hours looking for them. I came home and I could see the side of the hill where they were (about 50 acres or more) I ended up calling in updates to my son while he and the neighbor tried to catch up with them. Just goes to show you dont have to own livestock to go chasing after it. But back to my 3 green eggs
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
I knew she was getting ready, Im pretty sure its just one of them, the rir girls are no where near ready.
clap.gif

ps, they did end up circling them back to home

Last edited:
Quote:
shes 41/2 months and i knew she was getting there because the roo was mating with her and when i approach her she would crouch down and open her wings a little. Her face is redder than the others which I read was a sign as well. They are a lovely pastel green.

EE's? I'm probably going to feel dumb after you answer, but that's alright, it's happens alot. And how do you know the diff between the two birds?

Do you know what a mix of? I'm supposing (maybe wrong) ameraucana... are their eggs darker or lighter or what?

I'm obsessed with having a variety of colors for eggs, so I want to know which breeds are best for blues, greens, and dark dark brown...

i dont think you can pick what color the eggs are as far as blues, greens, pinks unless they are laying when you get then. Do you mean how do I tell the chickens apart? They look different
tongue2.gif

Back
Top Bottom